SAU Community

Rear Demist & Reception?

Zombie

Hi Guys,

Anyone have the problem where if you turn on the rear demister the radio reception goes crap?

I have a JVC mp3 head unit, and purchased the special adapter to plug the jap aerial to the aussie headunit.

Is there and particular reason for this?

thanks

Adam

the aerial is working fine, goes up and down when switched on and off.

The adaptor I got was a straight plug in from the jap 2 pronged wire to a single prong wire. It was actually listed for nissan's. I will look up the product when I get home tonighy

Adam

IN european car the rear dimsiter is the aerial, as i dont have a skyline atm i not sure if this theroy applies.

could be that when the dimsiter is on it casues some sort of electrmantic filed of heat. Witch then casue the frequency of the radio station to become distored and weak becasuse their is a field it needs to get through. Try buying a amplifer the the antenta. will boost up volume and respection.

cheers

Mayb ther'e is noise super imposed on the demister voltage. Maybe put a 0.1 Uf cap on there to chasis ground. This will make it look like a short to any aleranting current or noise on the demister. DC wont go through the cap, cus it's like a hi-pass filter.

Just a thought . Never Had the problem. My arial is in front windscreen.

Madtrang,

Where did you get the window aerial from? i got one from stathfield radios and was wondering how good they actually work! removing the stock arial from my R33 so wondering how good radio quality is from these window arials!!

this is mainly because they say to hook up to the demisters if signal is low!!! perhaps this issue will affect me too afters this install!!!

any info would be good!

Cheers

The r32 gtst of mine atcualy has the areial in side the front window. Stock. I think it also could be tuned for picking up frequnecy in the 70 - 90 mhz Band. Not 2 sure, but I think all hte higher stations dont receive as goood as the lower ones.

I rekon u be better sticking to the normal arieal, rather than a window one,

I'd like to know how a normal window one is attached. I think mine is actually inside the glass. Going 2 b bad if i ever get my front window smashed. But I never listen 2 radio anyway.

well the one i got has an arial unit that sits under the parcel tray, but can be attached to the positive wire of rear demister for better reception!!!

main reason im getting rid of the arial is because it's always up even when only lstening to CD's and looks crap! also with the GT wing can open the boot when the radio is on --- which is always !

see how it goes anyway, thanks for the info!

Hmm, mayb u should try hooking up a switch for areal up and down. Or a witch brings areal down on boot pop. Would not b 2 hard. But the looking crap part can't help u there. Could b worse could have a coat hangar instead. :-)

yeah thought of the switching setup!!!

got the arial now so i'll see how it goes, plus i've already plugged the hole up so no turning back now!!!

i'll post how it looks without the arial!!!

Yeah fure sure, just got a hold of the full DVD set off a mate!!!

can spend way too many hours watching it!!!

i'll be changing the avatar shorly once i make a new one!!

you seen the full series?

Yeah finished watching third stage movie. Just other night. Downloaded the hole lot of the net. About six Gb worth. Cant wait till they make another stage. Whatched every stage now. So addictive.

Been wanting to buy the whole set, but dont realy want to put on a credit card and get it from over seas.. yet..