SAU Community

NATIONAL CLUB Vs Seperate STATES

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

ok guys, personall i think that it should be set up this way : a national club, with state wide 'branches' so to speak...

every year or something have a national meet, where the pres, secritary etc etc for each state attend a general meeting and stuff or something...

but everything should be generalised...

in this thread there are arguments as to why it is not viable to have a national club.

cost of travel to meeting and legal issues pertaining to insurance (as each state has different laws and requirements) makes it too hard to run it at a national level.

who is going to take time off work to fly/drive across the country for a non-profit organisation which is just a social organisation for the most part. i mean, get serious, we are not making money here so who's gonna put in the effort at a national level.

can you tell me what benifits we will have at a national level? have you spoken to a government body about this or another club that is national?

well, we have and it just isn't worth it.

one other thing to remember is that we are a national club with state chapters in all aspects aside from the legal. that is why each chapter will be called 'Skylines Australia NSW' or 'Skylines Australia VIC' etc with the same club charter and code of conduct barring some small differences due to different state laws.

by all means though, please go out and do your own research.

Originally posted by Boxcar Racer

yes i read those, but i am just asking for everyones opinion.. thats all...

its not really up for discussion, simple as that, this is the ways its being done.. we have many of the admins look into this seperately and everyone has come to the same conclusion..

department of fair trading said state by state is the only realistic option, if we want to change it further down the track when we are a huge organisation we can look into it.. there are really no benefits running nationally.. if any it will create more headaches

Guest Boxhead

simple as this:

im just asking ppls opinion.... geeez... its that simple.. im not saying change it, im just asking ppls opinion

I have closed this thread before an arguement blows up.

The issue has been discussed, thank you for bringing it up again but you have to trust us when we say we are doing things the right way.