SAU Community

Pod vs panel filter

Jaxe

Yepp, stick with the high flow panel filter in the stock box.

Take the wadding out of the lid of the stock box too, this will help flow a little.

I personally think there's more gains by replacing the rubber pipe that goes between the AFM and the turbo. I haven't tried it yet, but one day I'll get it done.

J

The UAS panel is about $90, I've just got one but yet to install it.

Its fully flexible, basically foam with heat reflective stuff on one side that you can see they have cut with a stanley knife.

Probably make your own one just as good from clarks rubber & a windscreen sunreflector visor?

I reckon the panel is not much good without a CAI pipe feed?

Well today I bought a K&N panel filter online from Motorpoint.com.au for $117. SuperCheap Auto wanted $140, so I'm happy.

Thanks for all the advice and for sharing your experiences. You guys are all champs.

Take it easy.

When modding the lower half of my airbox I went to a couple of wreckers to grab one.

Adelaide Jap Imports wanted $250 for one. .I couldn't believe it. Then Another place wanted $150.

I gave Japanese Motor Sport a buzz.. oh yer.. $25 bucks for the lower half..

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity..

I know the R31 and R33 filters are exactly the same size and are interchangeable. How about the box itself?

From what I remember (used to own a 31) the R31 box looked very similar to the R33 box.. Seeing as places are charging stupid amounts for a stock box (i picked mine up for $50 mind you :P ), if you could swap in the R31 box and maybe hack it up a bit, could that possibly be a good option for those that are after stock boxes again?

Just posturising here :D