SAU Community

Tailight Tinting

Hi guys,

Just curious as to wear you'd have to go or if its even possible to tint the rear tail lights of your car to black?

I have an R34 25GT (2 door) and i wish to make the inner and outer circles black or atleast a shade of black, while obivously still retaining the light comming through at both day and night.

I know theres specific places for certian models where you can buy shadow and "smoked" lenses for your cars, but im not too sure there is a smoked rear tailight revision for 34's.

And yes i HAVE seen it done, i wish i had a picture but i saw it on the road, but as whack as it sounds on a 34, with the white paintjob it looks sweet!

If a DIY was to be done, how would you go about it, any help at all on this would be appreciated!

nightshades is a spray in a can. avail at your local supercheap or autobarn. only thing is it dries matt and looks ghey, unless you clearcoat it or keep it polished. remember the blacker the tint, the less light, and the more defectable the car

nightshades is a spray in a can. avail at your local supercheap or autobarn. only thing is it dries matt and looks ghey, unless you clearcoat it or keep it polished. remember the blacker the tint, the less light, and the more defectable the car

Spot on Bevan.

More spot on, and true to bevans form, is that if you tint the rear lights, and you have an accident where you are hit from the rear (not your fault) it will become your fault for not having lights working to the ADR's.

More spot on, and true to bevans form, is that if you tint the rear lights, and you have an accident where you are hit from the rear (not your fault) it will become your fault for not having lights working to the ADR's.

Legal taillights FTW!

follow this and ull be set.

helped a mate on another r34 do it, looks quite sick, although i can imagine it lookn nicer on a white r34. with a black and white theme going on.

http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/How_to_Smoke_Taillights

Well thats exactly what i was going for, black bonnet, white 34, matt black rims, smoked side and front indicators (Gen Nismo) with the finishing touch being EXACTLY like the tailight finish on those 350z's would make it quite unique.

Thing is i would imagine the 34 light would be harder to do without the runs than the 350 lights, especially the buffering part, so im a bit put off by the fact that I might screw it up. I wouldn't mind paying someone to do it for me if they have done it before. NRG if you can get some pics by any chance when you finish your mates 34 and post em or send em my way would be great! This is exactly the finish i want on my lights 100%.

I've only seen em like i said on the road and i havn't seen a good shot of them up close to see if they look dodge or not. Thanks for that Nrg that was really helpful :)