SAU Community

R33 GTST v 180SX SR20

Originally posted by hungry6

i raced plenty of sr20s powered silvia and 180sx in my r33 gtst and i've yet seen one come close, yeah it all how u put the power to the ground and how hard ur want to cane them.

I'll be nice...

Its all about power to weight.

R33 GTSt flog my car off the line until I get into 2nd. As for top end, .5ltr helps but having a box front end doesnt.

Anyway, I've seen a lot of sr20det powered s13, 180sx and 200sx beat r33 gtst. Thats rolling starts tho and a few off the line

Hungry6, lets race :cheers:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by hungry6

i raced plenty of sr20s powered silvia and 180sx in my r33 gtst and i've yet seen one come close, yeah it all how u put the power to the ground and how hard ur want to cane them.

Maybe your racing Silvia Q's haha :bahaha:

Unless your pushing 300 or more at the wheels i know alot of sr20's that will dish out some chop.

sumfatchin

I suggest you get a piggybag or a ECU and get your engin tuned

put the boost to 13psi. you car will be very fast even with standard intercooler. and its quite reliable. just dont thrash it in the hot day.

and I thought skyline's turbo is ball bearing ceremic centered.

and SR20's turbo is roller bearing? I am not too sure about this.

180's with a nice kit, the round lights... They can be made to look just as good enough better than a r33. Its all about personal prefence...

If we had unlimited money, well we'd just sell both, and buy a gtr.....

lets be honest.... the gtr is the KING of the nissans....

Originally posted by Nacho Vidal

its all been said before, 33 is a nicer car than a 180 all round.

i had 200rwkw (fmic, ecu, zorst boost etc) and ran a mates 180 with boost zorst, FMIC, NO ECU and the thing just leaped off the line like a frog everytime, about a car length ahead of me EVERY time! once rolling it was just about dead even, with me possibly just catching him if the road were long enough.  Other silvias have surprised me with only minimal mods also.

As mentioned i think its the extra weight we carry that prevents really good launches.  And yes, with the same mods the s13 will run away!  

Sumfatchin, i hear you, i wouldnt swap!

If you had a 4.8kg flywheel , your launch would reflect a 200kg weight loss equivelent in first gear. The silvias don't usually get past me in first.

Yes, the GTR is King...but if I had a choice between an SR20 180 and an R33 it would be the 180. Why? Because it's lighter and similar mods will give similar increases in power. Also, 180s can look damn good if they have a nice bodykit and all. But I do agree that they look crap standard, but then who here has a standard car? :cheers: 180s are also cheaper, and when combined with the late model round lights and s15 front...nice!!! I do agree that the interior is also crap, but with the money saved on the cheaper 180 just replace the two front seats with BRIDE seats (around $1000 each 2nd hand), and rip out the back seats to make the car even lighter. No one sits at the back anyway, cos they can't! Although that still leaves the dash which is very outdated.

Guest RaBZ3174

all ican say is the 180 is my mortal enemy and they should never be underestimated there one of those cars which can b worked and ready to smoke cars really fast..genrally when im at the lights with a 180 its a crazy battle to the finish. :cheers:

Originally posted by EVOIV

and rip out the back seats to make the car even lighter. No one sits at the back anyway, cos they can't! Although that still leaves the dash which is very outdated.

I'd have to rip out the front seats and sit in the back seat to fit in one of these cars. Made for midgets, probably another reason they are often quicker.

Silvia is a girls name too.

Well, luckily for me I'm not the tallest of guys :D Japanese in general are quite small. I feel for the bigger guys who have problems fitting in the small bucket racing seats. Some of them are really small!! Still, I think the 180 is better than the R33. I guess each to their own.

I prefer the look of the R32 Skylines over the R33. They look sporty. The R33 just looks like a family car with 2 doors.

If I was to buy a r32 GTR or R33 GTR, I'd go the r32. :D

Yep for sure! The R32 GTR looks better than the R33. Looks a lot tougher!! And cheaper and lighter :D But the R33 does grow on you with it's bulkiness. But I think the R32 would be better to drive being smaller and probably more nimble on the streets. The R33 in my opinion is a little too big, just like those Whale Sized Commodores you see out there. Still, the R34 is the best!! :) Can't beat it.

Nah, I like the squareness of the R34 GTRs. Says a statement like "I don't need to be aerodynamic to whoop your ass" :D But on the other hand I like the sleekness of the s15s, rx7 series 6+ and Supras. All these sleek cars look a lot better without spoilers. Spoilers just ruin the car, but suit other cars.

hmm it all depends, you may find if you drop your clutch on boost you will take off faster (thats what the 180 is probably doing) but yeah it all depends on the driver as well whether you granny shift or quick shift lol. so yeah i love the 32's thats my opinion.