SAU Community

Age Of Conan? Whois Playing?

Hey guys, looking at getting into a new MMORGP, AoC has caught my eye. Just wanted to know if any one is playing this atm? experiences? whats the PvE like? PVP? how does it run on your computers?

Cheers

Anthony

Hey guys, looking at getting into a new MMORGP, AoC has caught my eye. Just wanted to know if any one is playing this atm? experiences? whats the PvE like? PVP? how does it run on your computers?

Cheers

Anthony

I was keen, but saw some reviews and have followed it for a bit on mmorpg.com

It looks shit.. Basically everything is instanced. There is like never more than 50+ people in one area, instead they copy multiple zones and if you want to be with your friend you need to jump servers/zones to be in the same area.

Their cheap ass way of trying to fix lag.

And the fact that it's just a button mashing fest..

Wait for warhammer.

If that fails we can kill ourselves.

It looks shit.. Basically everything is instanced. There is like never more than 50+ people in one area, instead they copy multiple zones and if you want to be with your friend you need to jump servers/zones to be in the same area.

Wait for warhammer.

Mate you might want to try a hotline about that, there is life beyond games JJ.

Looks like it got alright reviews i would be interested if i used my pc for games

Wait for warhammer.

If you'd actually played the game you'd know that it's not just a button mashing fest. If you win a single PvP battle button mashing, i'd take off my pants.

Age of Conan is an MMO that actually needs skill to win. None of this point and click crap to attack. You need different key presses to pump out combos which is nice, and the combat is far more realistic because you strafe/run during battle while attacking. None of this standing in one spot jabbing eachother with sticks.

I'm playing the PvP assassin class, and a kill in PvP involves coating my daggers in poison, using stealth to catch the other player off guard and knifing them with a poison damage enhancment technique, by which time they've tried to flee on their mount. I whip out my crossbow as they run (all the while taking poison damage) and pick them off, dismounting them from their horse/rhino or whatever it may be. I return to stealth and just when it has appeared they've escaped, I lift the cloaking, delivering a final blow.

Try doing that with button mashing. AoC is the WoW kiiller no matter how you look at it; with half a million players within the first week and a half and not a single copy left on shelves at retail at the moment, you cant go wrong getting into it. :)

If you'd actually played the game you'd know that it's not just a button mashing fest. If you win a single PvP battle button mashing, i'd take off my pants.

Age of Conan is an MMO that actually needs skill to win. None of this point and click crap to attack. You need different key presses to pump out combos which is nice, and the combat is far more realistic because you strafe/run during battle while attacking. None of this standing in one spot jabbing eachother with sticks.

I'm playing the PvP assassin class, and a kill in PvP involves coating my daggers in poison, using stealth to catch the other player off guard and knifing them with a poison damage enhancment technique, by which time they've tried to flee on their mount. I whip out my crossbow as they run (all the while taking poison damage) and pick them off, dismounting them from their horse/rhino or whatever it may be. I return to stealth and just when it has appeared they've escaped, I lift the cloaking, delivering a final blow.

Try doing that with button mashing. AoC is the WoW kiiller no matter how you look at it; with half a million players within the first week and a half and not a single copy left on shelves at retail at the moment, you cant go wrong getting into it. :banana:

Warhammer will be bigger then most people think in the australian market.

They are having dedicated oceanic servers based in aus... Wouldnt it be nice to play a melee clas that doesnt attack from 20 feet away due to lag?