SAU Community

Boost Problem

hey guys i got a r33 i have a problem wen the revs get to 4 grand the boost jumps up to 13-14 psi and cuts out and plays up until redline, up until 4 grand it runs 6-7 psi no problems, i did have a bleed type boost controller on there i thought that may be the problem but its not, i have recently put a front mount, pod,splitfire coil packs, new fuel filter and new plugs nothing has fixed. i tried the search option but nothing has cum with my similar problems.

mate it wont run 10psi it will run 6-7psi upto 4 grand then jump up to 14 psi after that, itook my boost controler out i thought it may have been that and now iam running standard boost controler, but it just wont hold boost after 4 grand

what boost does it run if you hook a pipe straight from the intercooler pipe to the actuator (don't use the pipe with the restrictor in it) if it holds boost ok then your stock boost solenoid is hooked up wrong, if it doesn't you actuator is probably stuffed.

• 3 months later...

well changed the actuator no luck, put a 3 inch dump pipe on aswell earlier in the week made heaps of difference until the boost problem any ideas please its really starting to p**s me off, or would it b best to buy a different turbo, if i go that way i would to geta highflowed item.

Edited by bwebbie1

well changed the actuator no luck, put a 3 inch dump pipe on aswell earlier in the week made heaps of difference until the boost problem any ideas please its really starting to p**s me off, or would it b best to buy a different turbo, if i go that way i would to geta highflowed item.

hi,

just curious ... did you gut your cat? are you running a standard cat or hi flo? as I have the same problem which started after I gutted mine and installed a JJR split dump/front pipe.

regards Rob

I am going to put a cat back on the system and see if that sorts it out... I think the exhaust runs too freely now and the gasses from the wastegate dont get to merge with the main pipe effectively which causes the over boosting... x fingers .. have already dropped the split dump pipe and ground out the wastegate side so waste gate opens freely so isnt that... will let you know how i get along.

Read thru this thread, might help.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Bo...26#entry4144426

If you’re running a jjr/ebay split dump/front pipe then you will have boost spike issues.

At 13-14+ psi the stock ecu will R&R anyway so it will feel like it dies after 4500rpm, you may even hit boost/fuel cut at that stage. Bleed type boost controllers have a very common problem of boost spikes, if you want steady boost I’d look for a gready EBC, apexi ect for steady boost levels.

hey guys this is problem a dumb question but wen we installed the front mount the problems started so we were thinkn that we might have the intercooler around the wrong way??? is this possible that the flow is not wroght or doesnt it matter??? cheers thanks

It doesnt matter what way the intercooler pipe is.. try a good boost controller, an electric one... not apexi either a blitz, hks or greddy

could be the dump pipe but it sounds like youve had 2 dumps pipes on and the boost played up with booth?? was the first one stock?

can you chek to see if the actuator can open fully with the dump pipe on?

well i thought it was fixed but it aint i just brought a power fc, but my question is wen i get it tuned when iinstall the power fc will that fix the boost problem or will i need to fix that 1st

well i thought it was fixed but it aint i just brought a power fc, but my question is wen i get it tuned when iinstall the power fc will that fix the boost problem or will i need to fix that 1st

what dump/front pipe u using?