SAU Community

R34 Oil Pressure Issue.

Hey,

just recently i have noticed that my car whilst warmed up and sitting at red lights the oil pressure gauge drops down low, to 1. sometimes it goes between the 0 and the 1 :)

but when driving it sits between1 and 3

i notcied when i start the car cold the pressure gauge is around the 6, but as it warms up it just gets lower and lower till it gets down to 2

i was doing 80kmh on a road for a while, and the pressure was sitting and like 1.5

i had my oil changed by a mechanic recommended from the forums, so its not old oil (( i got the service and oil change thinking it was the bad oil causing low problems.

the car feels laggy, and their is tapping noises coming from the engine that i never use to hear before

can anyone recommend things to check or can tell me whats wrong???

i checked the oil after driving and oil level is fine

Cheers

get a mechanic to check it with a mechanical guage - incase its the guage reading low and not the actual oil pressure -

if its low, then it doesnt look good.

id say its more of a tapping, coming form the top of the engine i think,

i had a similar problem in my old honda, and just used thicker oil and it went away..

could it be the mechanic (( i go there for every service) has been putting in the wrong oil, and its just getting thinner when hot?

Well... get him to check it with a mechanical quage?

Apart from that, an oil change is p*ss easy, buy a decent oil filter + oil and do it yourself, that way you know you are getting decent oil in your car.

cheers

Frankly, there's not much at all wrong about the behaviour. The only possible concern might be the drop at idle, but that could be purely a function of the oil itself. What brand and grade of oil did your mechanic use?

Can you hear the tapping while driving, or only when you are "under the bonnet"? It's possibly a dirty lifter - try some Nulon "Lifter Clen" (I think that's its name). Otherwise its probably piston slap, which is a sign of engine wear.

no idea what the mechanic put in it :whistling: he told me it wasw one they use for all the skylines soi was yeah slap it in

um tapping i can hear when standing outside the car, and sometimes in the car, when music is off. a freind told me its the sound of my injectors tapping or something .. its quite faint and sounds like its tapping along the whole engine and not just one spot. its a light tap , and not so sure it i can hear it whilst driving,

i think i will go to a mechanic very soon and get him to check it all out.

anyone know where in brisbane to go??

last recommended mechanic though, had my car for 3 weeks for no reason... told me my ecu had shit itself, yet its totally fine :nyaanyaa:

Assuming your motors not a $2 hooker, it could be a thinner oil was used. If a guy from SAU did it though, there'd be no excuse for the wrong grade oil.

Sure its not just the injectors?; has it been thee always, but you've only just noticed it now?

RB injectors are noisy. If the tapping raises in Hz when you race the engine, and becomes quiet when on RPM decel, its the injectors.

That said, RB oil senders, gauges are notoriously shite for playing up.

IMO id put a known good, mech gauge on it asap.

Edited by GeeTR

well the engine has always been silent untill the last few months (( about a month before service and now after. i might track down someone that is trust worthy (( mechanic and trustworthy shouldbt be used together hahah)) and see what happens

thanks for the responses