SAU Community

Possible Boost Issues? Little Help...

Hi All..

Ok I have an R33 GTS-T, it's auto, has only a turbo timer and bov (atmo), thats the only real engine related mods I have. It runs 7psi atm. And I have never had any dramas with it. The other night I was driving along Camden Bypass at decent speed and came off the accelarator to slow down as there was a car in front of me, I moved to the left to overtake, when I started to accelerate I could hear the turbo spooling but there was like this spluterring noise, sort of like when you're ignition coils are dying but without all the shaking... I gave it a few squirts here and there after this to test it and didn't have it occur again..

I don't have much of an idea as to what it could be but was hoping all you switched on ppl out there could give me some food for thought..

Thanks,

Yeah there was very slight miss. I'm from the Dilly as well mate, originally anyway, you can get some great speeds on that road, especially the angle which leads onto Narellan Road. Can't understand why these jap cars have speedos of 180 =)....

I am hoping it was just cold/ crap in the petrol and not something more sinister....

lol at 180. you get past that well before you need 5th gear.

shouldnt talk about this. mods get angry.

im having bad misfiring atm. decided to happen just as i went on the dyno for a power run...

ive got some coilpacks on the way, hopefully thats all it will need.

i believe this sort of stuff can be analysed on a dyno, if it keeps happening i would reccommend you try that. then you can think about coilpacks, plugs, crank angle sensor. all the annoying fiddly stuff.

to me it doesnt sound too bad. see how you go with it.

Thanks champ, yeah I will see how I go, I had to buy Splitfires for the missus R34 a while ago, not looking forward to forking out that amount again...

But yeah 180, we've all done it, it's inevitable...there just too much fun =)