SAU Community

Do Nrma Do Compression Testing?

Im buying a R34 GTR soon. I want to get a compression test done to make sure all is sweet with the motor (and because as you all know, the "TRUE" klms travelled by the car is nearly always a mystery with these cars.

Do NRMA do compression testing if I send them to the car or is this something that has to be done at a workshop?

If NRMA dont do it, would Croydon Racing Developments or someone like that do it?

(please excuse my ignorance on compression testing)

Thanks

probably best off gettin a mobile mechanic to come do it. pretty straight forward, just make sure he has a GOOD quality guage, not a $40 supercheap special.

hope this helps

brett

my opinion, if you know what compression your looking for in each cylinder any mechanic can do it, no need 2 pay someone more for the same thing. As said above just make sure they have a good quality accurate guage

just my 2 cents

b4 I bought my car, I got it compression tested by Nathan @ grey imports. The seller was happy to take it there, it didnt take long. I just payed over the phone via card and they called me up and told me the result. I used this guy as quite a few on SAU have used Nathan to do compression tests. FYI it came up with 165 on 5 cylinders and 162 on the one, which was a really good result, Nathan said it was a well looked after car. Let us know the results

EDIT: it cost $100

Edited by DLOOOK