SAU Community

Rta New Road Rules/changes

d00dz

Some of it is not bad.

eg.

Mobility Parking Permit holders are now allowed to stop for up to five minutes (previously two minutes) to pick up or set down passengers in a no parking zone. All other drivers can remain for two minutes only.

So this means that you are allowed to set down passengers at no parking zones for max 2 mins.

That's how I read it. Maybe it was already a rule but wasnt really written anywhere (AFAIK)

How annoying will it be taking off from a set of lights in a 80kph zone with a bunch of push bike riders

taking off from infront of you.

How long does it take to get to 80kph for your average bike rider on a flat surface?

Too damn F'ing long, thats the answer.

I think you were always allowed to stop in a no parking zone but they have just clarified what stopping means. 2 minutes or under.

Bob will not be happy to hear of this rubbish. He always rides on the tank of my bike. Loves it. Has done thousands of km on there.

When it comes to push bikes, China here we come. I am so sick of the bikes up there, now I have to experience the same headache back home too, that is just great. My two cents on this matter, push bikes should not be allowed on the road untill they start paying registration. Why should the rest of us be fined and lose points. Are this bike ridders so in a hurry that they need to be ahead of the rest of the vehicles, which are much faster than a bike, i might add and as if that is not bad enough we are going to sit there and watch some bike execute a very time consuming hook turn.

Ok, I feel better now, back to happy thoughts, life is too short to worry about this.

:P

^^^^^ Agreed!!!

If it doesn't have an engine they shouldn't be allowed..

It also states rollerblades and those little scooters aren't so why should bikes..

We pay to use the bloody road.. and too much at that so the last thing we should have to put up with is those riders taking up a whole bloody good lane!!!

They should be charged rego too if they want to use the roads..

What a load of shit.. They are just trying to make more money..

I say lets run everyone over!!! hahaha :P

+1 its like there just takin advantage of the power they have now. i mean a hook turn for bikes? might aswell make the roads like vic. "bicycle storage" areas what for? why cant they have there own lane? theres gonna be some good accidents

I find it so difficult why people cannot follow this simple rule, would save so many dickheads side swiping cars.

Keeping off a painted island

You can now only drive on a painted island for up to 50 metres if you are entering or leaving the road, or entering a turning lane that begins immediately after the painted island. You still must not drive on a section of painted road that is surrounded by double lines.

I also find it offensive that they make all the school zones double the cost, I dont see how it effects any children being run down if you park for over 2 minutes, sorry stop. Im all for the higher speeding fines, and all for 40km/h zones. Id appreciate more 40km/h flashing signs.

YOu were always allowed to stop in no parking zones - on the cyclist thing yeah they shit me too but on the other hand more people on push bikes = less people in cars = less traffic, pollution and parking for me, so why not I say.