SAU Community

Boost Controller 2 Different Readings...

Hey guys... i put a turbosmart dual stage boost controller in the car (r33gtst) (switch in the cabin lets u switch between high and a low boost setting) and installed a boost gauge on the other end of the intake manifold (opposite end of the factory gauge)... so with boost controller dials in their lowest setting... the factory gauge is roughly the same (7psi) and the aftermarket guage tells me im running 10psi.

Which is correct?

And why is my car running 10psi at the dials lowest settings shouldnt it be 7...

how do i work out what my boost pressure is?

The factory gauge isn't in PSI. It's in g/cm2 or something. Essentially 7 on that gauge is about 14psi if I remember correctly.

Oh and what work ahve you done to your car? Chances are if you have a large intercooler and the turbo-back exhaust done you'll be running 10psi and you wont be able to lower it any more than that.

Hey yeah the readings i gave are after you convert it to psi... the factory gauge goes to the line half way between 0 and the top line... and the boost gauge says roughly .7 bar... hence the 7psi/10psi

Mods i did all back to front :D ... no exhaust yet its coming in the next week or two lol... if the guy of ebay didnt scam me!!!... but i put in an r34 sidemount intercooler, 3a racing power stack pod filter, polycarbonate cold air box/pod filter cover, and the boost controller and gauge... so she certainly inhales easier but still factory exhaust...

its kind of a waste having the dual stage, with no ecu piggyback i cant go above 10 anyway so i can only ever use the lowest setting of the boost controller!!! :P if thats 10!! Is there a way to lower it? (without putting the factory solenoid back on lol)