SAU Community

heyy guys.. long time member.. first time poster.. love the site.. goo the sky-ryans.. just looking at that site import monster which is advertised above screen.. there are some awesome deals on that site. and i was just wondering if anyone here has actually bought and recieved items for the displayed price with no stuff arounds.. because it sounds a little too good to be true.. i mean power FC for 1000$ :P omg awesome value.. just wondering if someone could PM me and explain a little about their dealings with Import Monster... i am thinking about purchasing some items off there just want to know a little about it and if its the real deal.. thanx alot!

Monster are middleman becuase most of us cant buy direct from yahoo auctions japan. Basically its like getting someone to buy items off ebay for you. There is some risk as there are some dodgy sellers on yahoo. As for PowerFC for under $1000. They are now available from the US new for under $1000 delivered for Rb25det. Theres a big link here on SAU about it.

As for the cheap price buying from Yahoo. I have bought lots of stuff from yahoo japan and I can say that the air postage and air freight usually ruins an otherwise good deal. No point buying coilvers for $400 and then paying $400 in auction fees and air postage just to find out the are stuffed. Best to buy things that are small and light

Its usually not worth buying big or heavy parts unless you want to wait 6 weeks for sea shipping or pay alot for air shipping

Edited by Brokenz

Import Monster are a middle man like Brokenz has mentioned. They are there to bid, collect, pack and send to your door with commission of course.

I haven't used them personally, but I have bought things from Yahoo Auctions Japan. You can pick up a pair of wheels which would set you back $150 (15" wheels to suit AE86s), but then you've got to add the shipping and the commission the middle man takes off you. Import Monster charge a 25% commission fee when I last looked through their site.

When I bought my wheels, I would've paid an extra ~40% to get what I've got if I bought locally. With that saving, I had to wait over 8 weeks for the items to arrive.

Buying off Yahoo has the same risks as buying off eBay except you can't/don't really want to go overseas to attack them if they rip you off.

Edited by adam-__-

Hey people

i Have just purchased an item from Import Monster and my experience was somewhat easy and quick

My item arrived with in the week

They Have one of the best customer service i have ever seen....

It is different to Ebay... You know you wont get ripped. ( as in with your money)

I will seriously use that site again

how was the shipping cost?

i found their estimate for a 500 yen sticker to end up being about $90 delivered lol

Charlie, thanks very much for the kind words mate - greatly appreciated :dry:

hanyou - our calculator would well and truly overestimate the total cost for an item such as a sticker, bu once the actual costs are charged (ie, Japanese domestic post and ems cost) then it would work out much much cheaper than the calculators estimate. And to make things cheaper, we allow you to store stuff in Japan for as long as you want, while you buy other bits and pieces to ship all at once :P

btw - shop hard on Yahoo and there are serious bargains to be had! I got a powerfc for my GT-R for $360 delivered!! :P

my experience ended up being somewhat expensive. the item arrived in a box that would have allowed 4 of the same...

great easy to navigate site, but it does not pick all the things on auction when you search.

PM for detail