SAU Community

Power For Skyline R34 Gtt Auto

TrentR34

Hi Guys

I got some stuff done to my skyline during the week. FMIC, 3" Cat back zorst, High Flow Cat, 3" Dump pipe,Bigger fuel pump, Apexi air induction, Apexi Digital boost controller and then I got the Nistune to 0.9 bar of boost. I was reading in some old topics that people with same car (R34 gtt auto) same stuff done to there car and they were getting 173wrkw at stock boost. And at 0.9bar of boost I got 158wrkw. Is this the power you would expect from a R34 gtt auto?

Trent

Yes the car was tuned yesturday by Hyperdrive. They used Nistune to remap the ecu.

They were saying that it was the first R34 there to use the software.

hmmmm..

doesn't sound right..

not 158

hey sell that car and buy mine. :whistling:

Edited by rice boy

Does sound a little low, though Hyperdrive do seem to have a reasonably accurate dyno (as in it tends to be lower than some) but that wouldn't be that much of a factor.

My manual R33 GTS25t managed 190rwkw with similar mods (though my boost curve isn't great).

Post up your dyno sheets and maybe we can figure it out.

Hi mate,

I have a 1998 nissan skyline gt-t auto sedan, mods are fmic, turbo back exhuast 3inch, greedy electronic boost controller, k&n pod filter. Car on 10.5psi made 189.5kw, and stock boost which was 8psi made 183.3kw. Mind you this is with std fuel pump and std comp. This is the safest level to boost a 34 running a stock ecu. As if you go past the 12psi mark they usually start to cut out thats how the std ecu's are designed. Your figures don't seem right, i would be expecting a little bit more power. Post the dyno sheet up if possible. Hope everything goes well

Cheers.

Edited by DRFT31

I would post a picture of the dyno run but last night when I was at a mates house, I was about to leave so I started the car to warm it up then and it was running for about a min then it just turned off. So I tryed to turn it back on but it wouldn't start, so I waited for about 15min came back the car started for about 30sec's this time and I couldn't get it started again so. wtf :) . So now the car is stuck at my mates house and I will need to take it back to Hyper Drive to fix it. O yeh and the Dyno Sheets are in the car so I can't get them.

Hi mate,

I have a 1998 nissan skyline gt-t auto sedan, mods are fmic, turbo back exhuast 3inch, greedy electronic boost controller, k&n pod filter. Car on 10.5psi made 189.5kw, and stock boost which was 8psi made 183.3kw. Mind you this is with std fuel pump and std comp. This is the safest level to boost a 34 running a stock ecu. As if you go past the 12psi mark they usually start to cut out thats how the std ecu's are designed. Your figures don't seem right, i would be expecting a little bit more power. Post the dyno sheet up if possible. Hope everything goes well

Cheers.

Where was the dyno done for yours, I'd be suspecting that your numbers are a fraction high.

I dont understand, I thought you lose around 30% of power from the fly through drivetrain in his case 158kw making thats 211hp at the fly making that around 150rwkw....

On my dyno sheet i got 270hp at the fly i dont have 270rwhp...

Edited by Dani Boi

It doesn't just depend on what mods you have bolted on, what about the condition of the engine?

And judging from what you said how the car wouldnt start properly before. I think your plugs might be fouled or ro0ted. Might be responsible for a proportion of the power loss? m2c.

When I brought the car the person said that it has a 3" dump but I only put the HighFlow Cat and Cat back exhaust on when it was getting tuned and that is 3".

34 GTt's are 206kw flywheel stock (take about 7 or 8 kw for auto so ~198kw) and i dont think you would lose that much to the wheels without any mods. so with those mods its definately low. Did u get ur car from ur mates yet ??

You don't lose a percentage, a drivetrain will sap a certain amount of power but that doesn't increase with power.

158rwkw does seem rather low. I made 183rwkw with a similar turbo on the same dyno.

If a tuner is giving you a dyno sheet reading flywheel horsepower yet it's a chassis dyno, it's just a guess. Ask for one at the wheels.

Edited by bubba