SAU Community

R32 Bov

Hey guys,

Just bought a turbo msart bov with adaptor for 71 bucks (ebay). Now the previous owner had it on his rb20. The bov has only 2 inputs for the small vacuum tube n from incooler (adaptor) pipe.. how do close off the other pipping? Is it good to do that or what?

Many Thanks,

Alan.

you must be talking about the plumb back line that goes to your turbo intake pipe?

Yes you will want to block it off..

I have read some people using coke bottle lids, peices of dahl (round wood peices), a giant bolt, blocking plugs from auto shops etc etc..

search "coke lid" for some topics that will cover anything you need.

cheers

Well I just went behind my room door and grabbed the stopper lol and connected it to the pipe n blocked it off...

post-53316-1217314472_thumb.jpg

post-53316-1217314458_thumb.jpg

Now all I have to do is attach the turbo smart BOV I bought?

But I think im losing pressure and its about to stall!!?

Thanks

wow a door stop, haha, thats a new one.. Watch it doesn't melt as where it is gets quite hot.

Undo the 2 bolts, unplug vac hose and take off your current bov,

slap on your new bov, tighten bolts and attach vac hose, adjust until it is venting properly.

If you aren't using a safc/aftermarket ecu then you may encounter stalling problems and poor fuel economy.

cheers

Heya,

put the bov in (ill put pics up so ppl can c), sounds goood! But for sum reason my car would loose power randomly when its not in gear!? :P

Mayb I shud be a coke lid as well as the door stopper to block off the turbo pipping! mayb i loosing pressue threw there...

Dad crackt it at me coz the toilet door handle keeps hitting the wall now with out the door stopper lmao.... :P

If you had have searched you would have found out that your ECU is accounting for airflow that is no longer there and as such runs rather rich when you back off, resulting in stalling/wanting to stall.