SAU Community

Window Fixing

MeLSki

My bunky, Ford Meteor, has to last me until the banks get their act together and finance me! In the mean time I want to get a few things ixed on the bunky. The main thing I'm stuck with is, my driver's side window is broken (the lever that holds the glass in place) who would I contact to fix it? I knwo this sounds like a stupid question but I've asked several people, and no one knows!!

Just call around some wreckers, I reckon you could get a whole working door for $50-$100... paint probably won't be the same, but its quick and easy & cheap :wave:

but then it won't be the gherkin Tris?

it'll be like....the Gherkin with the tomato door :(

k so this probably wont help that much but most of the time with wonders like the gerkin best bet is a little diy action and a visits to your local wreckers

ive fixed afew window winders (mostly on mates comos) and most of the time a little elbow grease can fix it

whats actually wrong with it? the lever is missing? or it doesnt wind up and down?

If the levers missing just get one from a wrecker easy as.

If it wont wind up and down then get the window mech from the wreckers.

Take off the door trim theres like 3 bolts? or so that hold it in place with the glass in a channel, take the mek out replace it with the new one, reseat the glass, done.

Its really not a difficult process, if you can get someone on here to help you out, better half of 2 hours.

Spark plug in the fuel tank??

Take it to a mechanic, we do shit like that more often then you'd think. Us mechanics are pretty useful!!

SPark plug? wtf? lol I'm talking about the window!!!

Yea... its not hard. You're like playing with cars. DIY Mel :(

If not... I have a sledge hammer you can borrow :D

yes plskthanks

all you need is someone with a little bit of mechanical knowledge to fix the window regulator. Its not exactly brain surgery. I pretty sure anyone could do it. :D

umm no the lever is snapped not stuck

whats actually wrong with it? the lever is missing? or it doesnt wind up and down?

If the levers missing just get one from a wrecker easy as.

If it wont wind up and down then get the window mech from the wreckers.

Take off the door trim theres like 3 bolts? or so that hold it in place with the glass in a channel, take the mek out replace it with the new one, reseat the glass, done.

Its really not a difficult process, if you can get someone on here to help you out, better half of 2 hours.

1. the lever is snapped

2. we masde it so it can't wind up and down so that teh glass doesn't smash

3. obviously I've taken off the door trim, how else would I know the lever has snapped??

Ok so you guys reckon go to the wreckers and get a new regulator yeah??

• 2 weeks later...

No longer need help with this! Thanks everyone for your ideas I got some really good quotes from RAC Auto Service Centre's if anyone has the same problems and you don't have to be a member.

Btw in the crash, the pen still held the window in place!! :P *Props to Bushman Mechanics*

On this window topic... Does anyone know of a place that buffs scratches out of windows? places like O'Brian etc don't do it anymore because it thins the glass and affects the structure of the car.. but i just want the driver's and passenger's door windows done.