SAU Community

Decals

ITZTRU

Sorry, I know it would have been easy to search but for some reason, the search function is not working and i'm kinda in a hurry to get this done...

so...

Does anyone in Melbourne, preferably East/South East Side, know of anyone or any company who can scan images and print them out as vinyl/decals for me? I'm in a bit of a hurry for these, was hoping to get them done by Friday latest...

The catch is, the image I have has a bold white background...I want it scanned and printed so that the background is removed and only the image remains as the decal itself, if that makes any sense? The other image I have which I want done has a clear background.

Thanks in advance.

Justin.

I'm not in Melb so I can't recommend anyone down there, but your looking for signage shop that does large format printing.

But with the white background issue you will need someon that can print and cut on the one machine, they will refer to it as digital decal print & cut to shape.

Another but, your car is black, adhesive backed vinyl comes in clear & white (other colours but I won't confuse you at this time). Clear on a black car, won't work, image printed on clear won't work as digital printing cannot print white so it would be a translucent finish and on a black car you simply won't see it. Printed on white it will have a hard edge after being cut to shape obviously, but also its still on white so the very edge will have a fine white line, if its just for a photoshoot or one day then it may be alright but I would not use it on a black car and expect it to look amazing as it will have a fine white line around the decal since the media printed on is white.

I'm also not a fan of printed vinyl on vehicles because of the colours, they are very prone to fading and don't have very good depth to the colours. If it was for advertising it wouldn't matter too much but for a street car or showcar I would go for vinyl cut graphics because the vinyl is pigment dyed, meaning the red vinyl is red not red printed on white, the colour is far brighter & deeper, it has a very good gloss (so it looks more shiny, printed vinyl is very dull almost matt) and the colour won't fade nearly as quick (5 years outdoor guarantee) printed will fade very quickly depending on the colour, I have done tests and of course the blacks in printed vinyl suck, it simply is not black more dark grey.

If you want send me your image that your thinking of getting done and I can evaluate it for you and possible give you some suggestion on how to accomplish the same design but make it turn out great, true showcar finish.

I have a passion for printing both digital and traditional, I am in no way trying to score work for myself, but I do want people to see car graphics in their best light and for your car to end up looking the best it can without wasting your time and money and some signage shop or other unprofessional twat just selling you what they have.

I highly appreciate your detailed response mate, so thanks heaps. Actually my car is white...the pics of the black 34 on my sig are just pics that i found and put together while I was searching for my 34 at the time...

To be honest, I was seriously thinking of contacting you as I knew you dealt with car graphics etc, but also knew that u weren't based in Melbourne...

it really doesn't look like i'll be able to find anyone to do the job i'm after before friday so i might just take you up on your services if you're able to help me out :wave: I'll see if i can scan an image later tonight and let me know what u think...if u can help me out...i might just post the actual sticker to you so you have an actual copy to work with if my scan isn't good enough

thanks again mate!

Justin

You had a special event on Friday night did you...?

I can always provide you with computer files that you can supply to someone who can produce and install in melbourne for you.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone in Melbourne, preferably East/South East Side, know of anyone or any company who can scan images and print them out as vinyl/decals for me? I'm in a bit of a hurry for these, was hoping to get them done by Friday latest...

Hi Justin,

I don't normally read this subforum, but I'm in Melbourne east side and do vinyl graphics/signage. Send me a PM if you're still needing stuff done.

Tim