SAU Community

Engine Noise

tryandcatchme

just organised hks boost controller,with it off car will on full throttle rev to red line with no noise,with it on at full throttle it will rev to red line at boost up to 14 pound,but after 3 grand at full throttle i get a noise like a rattle or fast clicks,but car will continue to power on,at half throttle i havent heard the noise. was fine on the dyno couple days ago b4 played with controller,i read a few days ago someone explaining breakdown in the COIL PACKS,i think this maybe happening to mine,at first i thought the turbo could be on way out,but shouldnt it make a noise at all revs if on way out,anyone know what may be,if coil packs does anyone know exact details of how to silicone up

• 2 weeks later...

if it was coil packs the car would spit, fart, pop and accelerating would feel really shakey and jerky so it doesnt sound like that, as for the ticks and rattles could it could still be the turbo, i dont really have an answer for that

if it was coil packs the car would spit, fart, pop and accelerating would feel really shakey and jerky so it doesnt sound like that, as for the ticks and rattles could it could still be the turbo, i dont really have an answer for that

thanks mate,since then have changed spark plugs again and siliconed up the coil packs,checked motor vacuum hoses and found based on standard motor config,mine are/were wrong,changed and found car has more power and clicking has gone,although still have a miss. been told may be o2 sensor,so gonna change soon also see how we go