SAU Community

Racv Insurance - Fyi

Just as a public service announcement, for those of you who don't know, RACV will cover skylines now! I know this won't matter much to you older folk who can get on with Shannons and the like, but those of us stuck with Just Cars massive fees this might help.

I just got off the phone with them, and their 3rd Party Fire + Theft quote undercut JCI by about 50% and full comp is actually affordable!

*this may have been happening for awhile and i'm just slow, but when i got my car back in '05 i was politely informed that RACV wouldn't touch me with a 10ft bargepole

Edited by baron25

JCI - Just upped it from $5 to $10k recently, but market value on my NA is probably less than that

RACV - $5k for the loss.

The other difference though, JCI have excesses totalling about $1500 odd if your foolish enough to make a claim, whereas for RACV excess would be $900.

Seeing as full comp is affordable with RACV, if i pay it monthly, it's tempting to go that way.

Full comp on market value was about $1500, or $130/month. That's with the car registered at the parents place out in the sticks (fringe benefit of having a term address at uni).

The price difference would still be similar being kept in the city though.

I just did an online quote with the RACV for fully comprehensive insurance of an r33 Skyline. The grand total....Over $6,500 per annum. Good to see RACV are attempting to make it affordable for young people! :P

Ouch. Mine was for an NA, kept in the country, and 3 years worth of driving.

*please be mindful the the prices quoted are applicable only to the examples given and changes in circumstance will affect the final price. Please consult the PDS prior to making a descision on this product*