SAU Community

Good Bodykit/fibreglass Repair Shops

R-SPEC

• 6 months later...

yeh, ive got the same problem...

i have a crack in my 400r style front bar (next to left head light) and also little chips on the bottom due to some scraping...

i need to save some money, stop being lazy and fix this but dont no where to go.

i went to a fibreglass repairer that does insurance work, and they said im better off getting a new front bar istead of repair :(

so yeh i would be interested in where ppl recomend..

i would recommend Mak - Speed near Highpoint,Maribyrnong.

Dunno what their 'off-the-shelf' kits are like, but i got them to make me a custom moulded vertex rear bar for my car and it came out absolutely perfect. Their fibreglass guy knows what he's doing - give them a shot and see how you go.

Haven't been down there for a couple of years so dunno how thing are now, but they got good workmanship and decent prices.

Without slandering, i've had pretty bad experiences with Aero Image in the Westside (last known location Sunshine Rd, Sunshine/Tottenham) - the guy treated me like shit and returned my car covered in fibreglass dust and refused to clean it for me. On top of that the workmanship was piss-poor too

i tried GALS smash repairs.... another member recomended it and it was ideal for me because i am a suburb away from tullamarine...

but when i told the bloke there and showed him what the problem was he said ur better off getting a new front bar :s

personally i dont think the front bar is bad enough to need replacing so i didnt do anything about fixing the bar...

now its just the same as it was and its pissing me off so i think its time to do something about it

p.s ive been waiting for someone to reverse into me for 6 months..... any takers? :)

Edited by j-qual