SAU Community

Gutter Rash

chef_stagea

so dad took my stagea on friday to pick sumthing up... cleaning it thismorning (sat) i discover that 1/3 of the wheel has been gutter rashed the whole way along :'( its a chrome lip so its not going to be easy to fix i dont think. duz any one have any advice on where/were not to go? and about how much its going to set HIM back haha. duz it take long? cheers

pic attached.

post-47249-1221271918_thumb.jpg

so dad took my stagea on friday to pick sumthing up... cleaning it thismorning (sat) i discover that 1/3 of the wheel has been gutter rashed the whole way along :'( its a chrome lip so its not going to be easy to fix i dont think. duz any one have any advice on where/were not to go? and about how much its going to set HIM back haha. duz it take long? cheers

pic attached.

Hey mate,

Adelaide Wheel and Rim. 308-310 south rd richmond. 83526266.

Need to get the rim off the car and the tyre stripped.

Drop it to them, generally a 2 day wait.

Id guestimate about $170

Used them a few times, highly recommend them.

pic attached.

That sucks, my girlfriend did mine too, I havent got it fixed yet Ill ask a mate he seems to know somewhere, so he says.

Ill PM you once I have askend him again.

Oz

Hey mate,

Adelaide Wheel and Rim. 308-310 south rd richmond. 83526266.

Need to get the rim off the car and the tyre stripped.

Drop it to them, generally a 2 day wait.

Id guestimate about $170

Used them a few times, highly recommend them.

Thats The Place!!!

hey Chef, i sanded the marks outta mine with 80 grit paper, 340 wet, 600 wet, 800 wet, then working my way down to 1200 grit sandpaper and polishing the metal. takes awhile but works. also if u know someone with a lathe, u can machine the marks out

hey Chef, i sanded the marks outta mine with 80 grit paper, 340 wet, 600 wet, 800 wet, then working my way down to 1200 grit sandpaper and polishing the metal. takes awhile but works. also if u know someone with a lathe, u can machine the marks out

Sam that'll work fine for polished alloy (I even have a bench buff for that extra final touch) but won't work with chrome unfortunately.......if it is chrome, it'll just peel.

Sam that'll work fine for polished alloy (I even have a bench buff for that extra final touch) but won't work with chrome unfortunately.......if it is chrome, it'll just peel.

ah good point Sled, i shoulda mentioned that. best to find out weather the rims are polished metal or chrome plate first :nyaanyaa:

if adelaide wheel and rim cant fix it for you mate

then i would say try extensive wheel services a go....they are directly opposite adelaide wheel and rim services.

i have dealt with them a couple of times and they are a top bunch over there and know what they are doing

+1 for what ben said. Ive been there b4. only charged 80 bucks. all good.

the place accross the road frmo them will charge you more.

Im doing the same thing myself soon. who knows a place that can powder coat wheels nice ? smooth black finish. with gloss ?

I used to powdercoat myself when i worked at ROH. wish I was still there sometimes.