SAU Community

Stalling When Engine Is Warm

hey guyz,

just wandering if ne1 culd help me out. my r32 gtst keeps stalling whenever it gets warm. the revs will keep goin up den down until it just keeps stalling. the only mods i hav are a fmic. ive had da fmic 4 a while now, but the problem has only come 2days ago. when i parkd my car and shut off the engine, there was smoke dat lukd like it was coming from the turbo.

Sheesh doesn't sound good.. What colour smoke and where from exactly? Anything out the exhaust? I would suggest resetting the ecu or doing the usual piping checks as the hunting around and stalling sounds like what happens when you've blown a cooler pipe or the like. However if it's producing smoke from the engine bay then i daresay that's got nothing to do with it. How does it run before it "warms" up? If you keep a bit of throttle on it to stop it from stalling what happens? More smoke than before??

i would check all ur vacum lines and piping first then do a ecu diagnostic check. the fluctuating is caused by a lean a/f mixture. so either air is gettin in somewhere after the af meter or ur af meter is stuffed. the reason it runs when cold is caused by the ecu addin fuel at cold start n as the car heats up the fuel mixture returns to normal values and the car runs lean and stalls. check ur piping asap