SAU Community

R33 Gtr Offset

CSNet

Hey guys, did a search but found nothing concrete. Looking at a set of 18" TE37's and also another set from a member on this forum.

What's the perfect size for an R33 GTR? Currently stock suspension setup etc. Would 18x9.5" +19mm sit/look well? Or should I go for something else? I can always go 10.5" etc. Prefer tyes 265/35 - 275/35. Or 18x10" +19mm?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards.

I'm waiting for some GT-Cs in 18" x 10" to arrive for my R33 GTR. They're +12 offset and I'm not sure which tyres I'll be putting on just yet but I think +12 is about the limit; I have heard +15 would be less risky.

Also check out http://marksink.com/tire_wheel_offset/offset.html to calculate how much the wheel geometry will change with new rims. The standard GTR rims are +30 I believe.

Matt

Ah ok, thanks. I am considering 12mm, but I am still not sure... if someone has similar wheels at +12mm offset with no fitting issues (stock suspension) then I guess I'll be a little re assured.

I assume with 10.5" you might well need the +12 over the +15 I suppose to 'tuck' the wheel in closer to the well, as opposed to +15 being more ideal on 10" perhaps

Mate let us all know how you go, and I'll do likewise when my rims arrive (can't wait, it's been months since ordering them, they're being manufactured and then shipped here)...

Matt

I assume with 10.5" you might well need the +12 over the +15 I suppose to 'tuck' the wheel in closer to the well, as opposed to +15 being more ideal on 10" perhaps

Mate let us all know how you go, and I'll do likewise when my rims arrive (can't wait, it's been months since ordering them, they're being manufactured and then shipped here)...

Matt

You are getting the numbers round the wrong way! The lower the offset the more they stick out. The wider the rim the more they stick out so the higher the offset for them to sit at the same point relative to the guard.

18x10.5 +15 is perfect on an r33gtr.

Your 18x10 +12 will sit really nicely I think.

Edited by nfi

I have the 18"x9.5" (remember pm? :mellow: ) and mine are the +12 offset. They sit just nice with just minor scrubbing at full lock. wouldn't want to go any further.

I'm currently running 275/35 tyres but they are a fraction wide for the rim, I'll go with 265s next time round.

You are getting the numbers round the wrong way! The lower the offset the more they stick out. The wider the rim the more they stick out so the higher the offset for them to sit at the same point relative to the guard.

18x10.5 +15 is perfect on an r33gtr.

Your 18x10 +12 will sit really nicely I think.

What a 'tard - sorry about that, that's what I meant. with the 10.5" being slightly wider than mine he might need more positive offset.

What tyre width would you recommend ? For a 10", 265? 275?

What a 'tard - sorry about that, that's what I meant. with the 10.5" being slightly wider than mine he might need more positive offset.

What tyre width would you recommend ? For a 10", 265? 275?

Easily done...!

275 would sit really nicely on a 10.5 inch rim. 265 would be slightly stretched.