SAU Community

Need Help Fixing Hicas

HtwCHACtkh

Hi guys,

Ever since I had my car I've never seen the HICAS light come on except for when turning on my car and just today I did a HICAS Diagnostic test (From Gregs post in here - http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/HI...tic-t22193.html )

I drive the car well under its limits really, and am interested in getting it working really just to see what it's like and for insurance purposes!

I have got the following error messages:

22 Steering angle sensor not present

23 Steering angle sensor neutral or not present

32 (Auto) Inhibitor switch input not present; (Manual) Neutral switch input not present

So yes, any idea's on what's involved to fix these?

Car is a 1995 GTS-T, I do not have a custom steering wheel.

I felt the rear wheels move for the first time when doing the diagnostic was quite... interesting. I'm still keen to fix HICAS however all help will be greatly appreciated!

Problem solved, I did the diagnostic again and turned my steering wheel from left to right and drove forward a few metres fairly quickly then stopped rapidly rather than crawling forward with the clutch a few metres and put my car back to neutral and engaged the hand brake and its all good now.

I still haven't felt HICAS kick in however.

It will only move upto 1 degree toe. Im told its just not as predictable on the limit through a corner as the rear toe is constantly altering. I too have kept HICAS and until i find it annoying myself i will keep it. Just didnt want to jump on the remove HICAS bandwagon. Its easy to follow the rest of the sheep sometimes.

In saying that however i will probably be removing it after my first track session LOL

Deren