SAU Community

25/30 Combo In A 32 4 Door

MYP16

clearance issues must have something do to with the R32 4 doors.. im having the same problem with my GTR bonnet hitting the front cam gear cover, tryed spacers at the back but doesent help

I don't think it's exclusive to 4drs as I have the same problem, I live with it as it's not that bad. Only time it is a problem is when I take my cooler piping off.. can never get it back in the right spot! It either sits the bonnet up further or it pushes the cooler pipe onto the fan shroud and makes horrible noises :P

Just had a thought.. the 5mm flatbar we used to modify the 25 gearbox mount would be changing the angle that the engine sits on as the gearbox is 5mm lower at it's mounting point.. that would probably push the front of the engine up a bit more.. does that make sense?

Edited by bubba

I don't think it's exclusive to 4drs as I have the same problem, I live with it as it's not that bad. Only time it is a problem is when I take my cooler piping off.. can never get it back in the right spot! It either sits the bonnet up further or it pushes the cooler pipe onto the fan shroud and makes horrible noises :P

Just had a thought.. the 5mm flatbar we used to modify the 25 gearbox mount would be changing the angle that the engine sits on as the gearbox is 5mm lower at it's mounting point.. that would probably push the front of the engine up a bit more.. does that make sense?

im running a front facing plenium so the only prob im having is the front cam gear cover, bonnet wont even close so cant live with it like that...

im running a front facing plenium so the only prob im having is the front cam gear cover, bonnet wont even close so cant live with it like that...

Wow, something funny going on there then..

Heres some pics... gonna have a look at slotting engine brakets on the weekend

P1040459Large.jpg

P1040458Large.jpg

P1040456Large.jpg[/img]

finally my point of my post exactly (except im using 26 cam cover and rocker covers n they sit super high i can get away with 20 or 25 but the 26 ones r huge) everyone understand now?

my fabricator is just gonna make up a custom alloy sump so we can drop the motor a bit should be fine then dont really wanna space the cross member as it will put the steering geometry up the shit

thanks for your help guys

some one buy my 33 lol

Edited by MYP16