SAU Community

Looking To Impound Porsche Gt3

gdogzgtr

I am asking if you guys can keep a look out for a bright Yellow Porsche GT3 new model around Clayton, Mulgrave and surrounding area's to assist me in trying to track it down. I had it on laser doing 60+ km/h over speed limit and i was unable to catch up to it or get registration details.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. If you see one around in that area can you PM me the Rego so I can make some enq's with the owner. I highly doubt that there are many around so it will stand out.

Thanks

PS little warning don't speed through Road Works area in Fertree Gully Road in Scoresby and Wheelers Hill area as we are tasked to perform Laser Duties there and many licenses have ben taken. Fortunately Not one import so far.

i drive to and from work right through the roadworks on ftg rd near wheelers hill hotel and i have never seen anyone on laser there... further, 80% of people are doing well over 60kms going down that hill and have never seen anyone pulled over... unless you guys just started on the case, i'm surprised i haven't seen you there yet - but cheers for the heads up... i'll be watching my speeds (admittedly, it's very easy to sneak a little over)...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few at my station and TMU that go there as we are tasked. I have a great spot where I do it where I get people up and down the hill and I am not seen. If people going down the hill they are intercepted under Eastlink which is a good safe well lit location to pull somenoe over and other way is pulling them up past Jells Road in Service Lane. Generally I don't do it in peak hour as too hard to intercept/catch up to offender.

Yes probably 80% over speed limit. Generally within 5 minutes I catch someone who is doing 25+ over limit.

There are a few at my station and TMU that go there as we are tasked. I have a great spot where I do it where I get people up and down the hill and I am not seen. If people going down the hill they are intercepted under Eastlink which is a good safe well lit location to pull somenoe over and other way is pulling them up past Jells Road in Service Lane. Generally I don't do it in peak hour as too hard to intercept/catch up to offender.

Yes probably 80% over speed limit. Generally within 5 minutes I catch someone who is doing 25+ over limit.

can i buy your hat?

one could say you are breaking the law yourself by giving the heads up....

Also from an evidentiary point of view, surely you were taught in the academy that if you cannot identify the vehicle by either your own evidence or from a witness' evidence there is absolutely no point in asking on here as you cannot prosecute, a magistrate will laugh at you without direct evidence of the car concerned.... unless you wanted to have a friendly chat in the person in question's ear (if it is that person). Oh and from a terminology view, did you mean lines of 'enquiry' rather than investigation? Why did you not put a call out to VKC with details for any close proximity cars to try and tag?

are you really a cop? what's your regi number and where do you usually take refs, ill bring a pursuity down and have a chat

Edited by R34kid

one could say you are breaking the law yourself by giving the heads up....

Also from an evidentiary point of view, surely you were taught in the academy that if you cannot identify the vehicle by either your own evidence or from a witness' evidence there is absolutely no point in asking on here as you cannot prosecute, a magistrate will laugh at you without direct evidence of the car concerned.... unless you wanted to have a friendly chat in the person in question's ear (if it is that person). Oh and from a terminology view, did you mean lines of 'enquiry' rather than investigation? Why did you not put a call out to VKC with details for any close proximity cars to try and tag?

are you really a cop? what's your regi number and where do you usually take refs, ill bring a pursuity down and have a chat

nice :D

Is this thread serious? You couldn’t issue him with a speeding fine now anyway. Wouldn’t tracking him down in the attempt to impound his car be borderline harassment.. I know I’ve issued harassment complaints for things a lot less..

Vic Porsche car club has been sent this link.

Is this thread serious? You couldn't issue him with a speeding fine now anyway. Wouldn't tracking him down in the attempt to impound his car be borderline harassment.. I know I've issued harassment complaints for things a lot less..

Vic Porsche car club has been sent this link.

step aside jesus, a new hero is in town

By law can u even impound him? i mean like dont you need to pull him over straight away and impound him because there is that very very slight chance that it was a random guy from far away and you will get the wrong person i mean fair enough yellow GT3 but if he Denys the whole thing how can you prove it was him without getting his plates? and having some actual hard evidence that it was him?

Its like if you saw a r32 GTR speed through with a custom black paint and mine gets painted black looks the same you come to my house and accuse me of it and impound my car with no evidence wat so ever ? Im not afraid of this because i got alot of family who are cops well detectives with more authority but yea you get my point ?

he is impounding the car, not the driver.

Just reading up on Impound Laws vehicle can be impounded within 10 days of offence. I wouldn't have bothered asking if it were another type of vehicle but I highly doubt that there would be more than a handful of yellow GT3 in Victoria.

I did give a KALOF for the vehicle at the time with no luck.

Can you explain how I would be breaking the Law by giving warning to to location where some Laser/Radar operate. We have full listings on line where fixed speed camera's are located. Possibly I may be slowing some motorists down in that area now which is a positive step. Preventing offences always priority.

There are more than a few members on here that I have pulled over that can confirm I am member of police force.

I don't see how making enq's into offence is harrassment.

Just reading up on Impound Laws vehicle can be impounded within 10 days of offence. I wouldn't have bothered asking if it were another type of vehicle but I highly doubt that there would be more than a handful of yellow GT3 in Victoria.

Can you explain how I would be breaking the Law by giving warning to to location where some Laser/Radar operate. We have full listings on line where fixed speed camera's are located. Possibly I may be slowing some motorists down in that area now which is a positive step. Preventing offences always priority.

Can be impounded. Just hope he doesn’t have a highflying solicitor who will put a stop to it. More so now I have made your possible intentions apparent with the Porsche Club.

Just to let you know, I have had my car kept out of being put into Police impoundment as the hand held laser was deemed to have too many variables that could have been challenged in court.

Situation happened in Queensland, laws might differ ever so slightly. Speed was obviously claimed to be over the legal limit.

I challenged the CMC over a local officer who took it upon himself to pull me over every weekend for an RBT and roadside inspection, as he didn’t like my car and obviously attitude.

Media got wind, officer ended up at another station. How is pulling me over for an RBT harassment? It’s not I guess. The system works if you know how to utilize the law.

I am not doubting that It probably will be unlikely that I would be able to impound his vehicle but still want to speak to him about his driving. I am more than happy to move on with life not ever catching up with him. I just feel like someone driving like that should be spoken too. I would think that most of you would agree.

I am not doubting that It probably will be unlikely that I would be able to impound his vehicle but still want to speak to him about his driving. I am more than happy to move on with life not ever catching up with him. I just feel like someone driving like that should be spoken too. I would think that most of you would agree.

I do agree. Speeding anywhere is not legal and sometimes a friendly chat can go along way. You seem like a fair officer and gave some heads up on an area and I’m sure those who use that road will appreciate it. “Looking to impound his car” I think was the wrong way about it however.

But if 3 were shown to you, would you be able to identify the correct vehicle in court? Do you even remember what the driver looked like?

I did give a KALOF for the vehicle at the time with no luck.

So the vehicle could have been from any where?

Those listings are authorised by the Victorian Police to be made public. I doubt you have asked for permission to be able to post the information yourself as an individual officer.

There are more than a few members on here that I have pulled over that can confirm I am member of police force.

I dont see how it would be harrassment, I'd imagine it would be the same as you making enquires into any crime. However, I still believe you would have difficulty proving whose vehice it was in court.