SAU Community

Looking To Impound Porsche Gt3

gdogzgtr

I don't have a "Target" I just like giving out fines to people doing the obvious wrong thing. Our goal is to reduce road trauma which fining people driving at excessive speed should help. In general duties you can't have a target as we are generally tied up going job to job so most shifts don't even get a chance intercept vehicles.

Like every job reality is stats are important. Because I do give out fines I get given specific traffic car shifts which is a good change from going to assaults/domestics the everyday things we deal with.

In relation to myself I have been in general duties uniform policing for 7 years.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a "Target" I just like giving out fines to people doing the obvious wrong thing. Our goal is to reduce road trauma which fining people driving at excessive speed should help. In general duties you can't have a target as we are generally tied up going job to job so most shifts don't even get a chance intercept vehicles.

the highway boys are given specific targets though arent they?

In relation to myself I have been in general duties uniform policing for 7 years.

are you hoping to move into any other areas?

I know a fair amount of TMU members and they don't have specific Targets but other area's their boss my give them Targets. I would expect at least 15-20 fines in a shift at TMUo bvious depends if tasked for other duties or tied up with Booze Bus or collisions. We have done up to 30 in traffic car shift.

I really enjoy general duties at present as lots of variety in what we do. I really like the crew and bosses I work with and work under 10 minutes from home.

I am looking at going into DTU (Divisional Tasking Unit) in future which is 18 month secondment where you work in 4 man crews and investigate local drug dealers etc which would be good experience and good to lock a few up hopefully.

I am looking at going into DTU (Divisional Tasking Unit) in future which is 18 month secondment where you work in 4 man crews and investigate local drug dealers etc which would be good experience and good to lock a few up hopefully.

this is interesting, so DTU is more CI work?

" I just like giving out fines to people doing the obvious wrong thing". Our goal is to reduce road trauma which fining people driving at excessive speed should help.

INCORRECT,

Correct Driver training to new road users and driver courses would be better ways, and proven too may I add to reduce "Road Trauma" as you call it.

There is no way in this world that, that old BS throw away line about fining people works.

Revenue is all it comes down to!

Instead of investing in hundreds of thousands of dollars in Speed Cameras setup up a Driver School that is mandotory for new road users to attend!

Whatch the figures drop!

It is Similiar to CIU but very different in you only investigate Drug Dealing and Iformation reports of Same. Good chance to improve investigative knowledge and process of Seach Warrants etc.

In general I have absolutely no interest in CIU as I prefer to be out and about going to jobs, checking people and intercepting cars not sitting in office investigating reports/offences.

My dream spot would be to go to Dog Squad as I would love to drive around catching crooks and not having to do all the paperwork as informant. Just catch them hand them over to local members and go to the next job.

Geez give Graeme a break already. Those whinging about sour treatment from other cops.. (pg 1+) Graeme doesn't have to answer for the actions of the ENTIRE Vic Police force, much like you don't have to answer for all the mistakes of your own moron co-workers.

Graeme has been a much respected member of SAU VIC in the past and he doesn't deserve your crap. I'm sure he gets it enough from all the druggies and idiot public as it is.

well said. oh Graeme thanks for the heads up i work just at the corner of ftg and princess highway and i always take the cars on a roadtest down ftg i give the other boys the heads up. cheers.

It is Similiar to CIU but very different in you only investigate Drug Dealing and Iformation reports of Same. Good chance to improve investigative knowledge and process of Seach Warrants etc.

In general I have absolutely no interest in CIU as I prefer to be out and about going to jobs, checking people and intercepting cars not sitting in office investigating reports/offences.

My dream spot would be to go to Dog Squad as I would love to drive around catching crooks and not having to do all the paperwork as informant. Just catch them hand them over to local members and go to the next job.

paperwork would be a killer. what percentage of your time is taken up doing paperwork?

I would estimate at least 90% of time taken at a job where offender arrested or Domestic situation would be paperwork. Any brief of evidence for court will take minimum 4-5 hours with interviewing offender and all relevant paperwork. Even if it's simple traffic offence or $5 shoppie.

It's a big issue and the major increase in paperwork affiliated with domestics has had major affect on tying up of police units. I have spend 10+ hours in a row dealing with domestics where prpoerty damaged or minor assault then have to attend court for intervention order's and paperwork associated so could take me 2-3 full 8 hour shifts just to deal with that. And you wonder why you have to wait so long for police.

Absolutely. There is NO way we could keep up to date with paperwork if we charged everyone for everything that we came across. Unless I was willing to spend 4 hours a day in my own time doing it and that's never going to happen.

I got done by a TOG officer recently and he was a nice bloke that obviously wasn't interested in meeting targets. He actually down graded my fine and didnt look over the car at all (not that there is anything wrong). I think having words with me did a lot more than giving me a huge fine.

If you want to catch ppl driving way too fast in that area go down to Gilbert park drive at knock off time. Its a 60 zone but many commodore drivers doing well over 100km/hr.

How our promotion works is First 2 years Your on Probation. Then following 2 years Constable and after that 4 years your become Senior Constable. Then after total of 12 years in job you become Leading Senior Constable. Previously you could apply for a Leading Senior Constable spot after 5 years in job and get huge pay increase but that he ceased in last 12 months. I wish I could have done that becasue you do exactly the same work but get $20K more.

You can become SGT after 5+ years in job but very unlikely most newly promoted Sgt's have been in 15-20 years. Then You can apply for more senior spots again.

WTF whats with the 20 questions? You guys should go out on a a date...and try face-to-face conversation...lol anyone seen 'smart people'? funny movie.

Its a shame theres not more cops around with your attitude. That is, if this really is your attitude, trying to weave your way onto our good side telling us what we want to hear, just to obtain info and help yourself only...The bottom line is that most arent like yourself and thus the hostility towards any cop.

You cant come on here and expect everyone to be all nice and friendly just cos you are...more bad than good has ever been done to us, so itll take more than your nice attitude to win us over...

On another note...Having to make a certain amount of penalties is a f**king crock of shit. This is what gets people unfairly dicked. Whos to say there is that amount of people doing something wrong....leads to unfair penalties etc.

You should be spending more time listening to the people on the recieving end, rather than chasing some kent in a porsche who prob wont take any notcie anyway FFS.

WTF whats with the 20 questions? You guys should go out on a a date...and try face-to-face conversation...lol anyone seen 'smart people'? funny movie.

Its a shame theres not more cops around with your attitude. That is, if this really is your attitude, trying to weave your way onto our good side telling us what we want to hear, just to obtain info and help yourself only...The bottom line is that most arent like yourself and thus the hostility towards any cop.

You cant come on here and expect everyone to be all nice and friendly just cos you are...more bad than good has ever been done to us, so itll take more than your nice attitude to win us over...

On another note...Having to make a certain amount of penalties is a f**king crock of shit. This is what gets people unfairly dicked. Whos to say there is that amount of people doing something wrong....leads to unfair penalties etc.

You should be spending more time listening to the people on the recieving end, rather than chasing some kent in a porsche who prob wont take any notcie anyway FFS.

Feel free to correct me, but aren't the police force underfunded? so therefor any officer has too pull their weight, and if they aren't then it is a waste of funds that could be spent on an officer who WOULD make the money worthwhile?