SAU Community

What To Do?

tryandcatchme

Had some w"nk reverse into my 33 bout 3ks ago,started the insurance roundabout with sgic,had inspection,told to take to certain crash shop on hanson rd to get fixed,so took it in and picked up this afternoon when told was ready. Upon inspection noticed that the damage looked to be fixed and painted,but the paint colour of the paint was not matched well and even painted the wrong colour. So i let the crash shop aware of the difference,and they tell me that the paint is just fresh and will fade. Havent let sgic know yet but has anyone else had this type of problem with a shops fix up or insurance problems in fixing this f"ck up. What rights and how far can a go with it, ideas?

The paint should be matching from the word go! Sounds like the did match it wrong. I'd be telling them to redo the job, or you'll take your complaint to SGIC.

I worked as a spray painter for years and if the colour isn't right from the beginning, it aint going to "fade" to match :laugh:

Them telling you the colour will fade is BS, tell them you want it fixed and dont take no for an answer. I had similar problems when i had my car repaired by insurance, was a pain in the ass but i got the car to my standard in the end.

i work at a crash repairer, and what they told you is shit, it should match the rest of the car straight away when its sprayed on the car in the spray booth. what they told you is crap so they dont have to do it again. go back to them and say "this is a shit job and i want it done properly" if they say no ring up insurance company and tell them. they will have to redo the work.

paint might need to cure in the sun for abit, to remove any fine scratches in the paint.

If u can take it to Edwardstown Custom Body Repairs, speak to Mel, tell him i sent you and it will come back looking new.

yeah +1

polish the adjacent panel for reference and the new paint should match perfectly..........if not, make them do it again.

they usually polish the adjacent panels when they colour match the paint, thats what the painters do at my work, so its all matching.

Yeah thats what i reckon,going to ring sgic and take in for inspection,dont reckon the crash shop has it in them to do a better job,seem less than standard in their attitude,so gonna see what sgic say,but gonna get fixed for sure,i think when they ordered paint they ordered standard 33 colour,but mines been sprayed before,its lighter. What a f"""""""""""cken hassle. How is hard is it to do a proper job these days,no wonder its so hard to find good places to go. :laugh:

Yeah thats what i reckon,going to ring sgic and take in for inspection,dont reckon the crash shop has it in them to do a better job,seem less than standard in their attitude,so gonna see what sgic say,but gonna get fixed for sure,i think when they ordered paint they ordered standard 33 colour,but mines been sprayed before,its lighter. What a f"""""""""""cken hassle. How is hard is it to do a proper job these days,no wonder its so hard to find good places to go. :laugh:

Sounds like they have no colour matching skills at all if they just mix the paint according to the paint code. Lazy.

I know the mob you're talking about now. Was going to get them to match my new lip ... think I'll avoid them now.

How is hard is it to do a proper job these days,no wonder its so hard to find good places to go. :laugh:

I reckon. I've been to a couple of the known "reputable" painters numerous people on here rave on about and I'm pretty sure I wouldnt want to go back..... pity we cant name and shame - maybe its the only way to get painters to up the effort?

Sounds like they have no colour matching skills at all if they just mix the paint according to the paint code. Lazy.

I know the mob you're talking about now. Was going to get them to match my new lip ... think I'll avoid them now.

sounds better to stay away bro,been out giving a wipe over etc,found its even got dirt specks in paint,as if wasnt bad enough aaaahh

I had a HUGE problem when I had mine sprayed a few years back.

The pillars looked like crimple paint and had runs down the doors under the little lump runs from one end of the car to the other. The runs were ~4-5cm long!! They had the car for 3 months and racked up close to 100km's on it. Eventually got the car back and it was running like a bag of shit. Popped the bonnet to find the carbon canister was missing and it had a rather large vac leak. :S Slack bastards.

I paid to have the windows removed, they didn't but still charged me and the paint lip around the windows looked shit.

I kicked up a huge stink to the insurance company and they had them respray the car again. This time it was better but the paint still looked like it went on too thick or something and shifted down the door slightly as it dried. Had to pay some one else to remove the windows as they said they were unable to. I was only refunded half of what I paid to have the windows originally removed as they said half of the cost to remove the windows is what it costs to mask them up. lmfao

This mob is is a relatively large 'pump shop' one at Lonsdale O'sullivans beach road and another down near Le'Cornues. They really didn't give a shit. Pump shop is all they were.

Drop me a PM if you want to know where not to go. :laugh:

Apart from this rubbish with paint,i have been thinking of changing to just car as cheeper and cover all mods, sgic told me where to go to do fix,does anyone else have coverage with them,where else,or is it better to stay.

The cover all mods is bullshiet.. :laugh:

Note it states all mods that are 'legal' so if you haven't gone to the expense of 'engineering' that $30 boost controller, pfc or adjustable coil overs etc then they 'can' void your insurance.

Especially worrying if you collect some sort of exotic Ferrari or something. :S

The cover all mods is bullshiet.. :laugh:

Note it states all mods that are 'legal' so if you haven't gone to the expense of 'engineering' that $30 boost controller, pfc or adjustable coil overs etc then they 'can' void your insurance.

Especially worrying if you collect some sort of exotic Ferrari or something. :S

Cheers for the heads up,havent dealt with them b4,got few mods so just want be covered,have to look into it a bit then,sgic make you work for it,then it may just be the way they all are

I personally wouldn't go back to them if their work is that poor.

I would kick up a stink with SGIC and insist on an alternative repairer or they could be doing it a 3rd time.....and not even the insurance company would want that.

Most insurance companies don't have an issue with the shop you use as long as their price is comparable.