SAU Community

Running Power Cable Through Firewall - Best/safest Place

FULOCK

Hi Fellow Stagea drivers,

As per the topic, I need to run my power cable for my Amp but cannot find anywhere to run the power cable through the firewall into the cabin.... I want to do it neat and dont want to butcher anything by trail and error.....

If anyone could take a pic of their engine bay where they've run it through that would be really helpfull.....

If I need to drill a new hole... where is safest??

Cheers! :D

As per the topic, I need to run my power cable for my Amp but cannot find anywhere to run the power cable through the firewall into the cabin.... I want to do it neat and dont want to butcher anything by trail and error.....

If anyone could take a pic of their engine bay where they've run it through that would be really helpfull.....

Cheers! :D

that may help a bit

post-26949-1226390961_thumb.jpg

the most important question is...where is your amp located?

My amp is under my passenger seat and got the power wire running through the ac pipe grommet (so I have long power wire running across the engine bay to the battery

Amp is in the boot bolted to the sub box.... I want to run the power cable and RCA's under the carpet/seats to the back....

Put an amp and sub in mine on Sunday.

I pierced through the huge loom grommet on the drivers side (under some little relay thing in engine bay) with a screwdriver from the inside, then pushed the power cable through the hole I'd made with a coathanger and pulled the wire through. Comes out near the kick panel on the floor and ran it alongside the standard loom under the carpet.

The spot in the photo Mike has posted is the best place - pull your plastic inner wheel arch liner off a bit and you'll find a hole where most of the wiring loom goes into the cabin from the engine bay. Get a piece of wire (like a straightened coat hanger or similar) and feed it through from inside the arch and into the cabin, you should see or feel it come through right near your accelerator pedal.

post-435-1226392099_thumb.jpg

The spot in the photo Mike has posted is the best place - pull your plastic inner wheel arch liner off a bit and you'll find a hole where most of the wiring loom goes into the cabin from the engine bay. Get a piece of wire (like a straightened coat hanger or similar) and feed it through from inside the arch and into the cabin, you should see or feel it come through right near your accelerator pedal.

Thanks guys,

Hopefully one of these arvo's i'll have time to give it a shot!! :D

Cheers! :P

Hey mate,

I’ve had this setup in my car for about 2 years now.

2 gauge wire from battery

Then using cable ties :domokun:

Run your wire next to the fuel filter and down the fuel line. (Fuel line doesn't get hot, so don’t worry about that.)

When u follow the fuel line down, under your back seat (Driver Side) is a rubber grommet, make a hole in the rubber grommet so that the wire can come into the car.

Then you can feed the wire to the amp which is in the back??

hope that helps...

PS. If u want pics, let me know.

Hey mate,

I've had this setup in my car for about 2 years now.

Then using cable ties :(

Run your wire next to the fuel filter and down the fuel line. (Fuel line doesn't get hot, so don't worry about that.)

When u follow the fuel line down, under your back seat (Driver Side) is a rubber grommet, make a hole in the rubber grommet so that the wire can come into the car.

hope that helps...

+1 This is what we had to do to my brothers S2, he runs 0 gauge wire which is massive.

If you do go this rout make sure to use decent quality cable ties.

Hey mate,

I’ve had this setup in my car for about 2 years now.

Then using cable ties :laugh:

Run your wire next to the fuel filter and down the fuel line. (Fuel line doesn't get hot, so don’t worry about that.)

hope that helps...

Very Very interesting!!!! :rofl:

No issues with damage on the wire being outside...??

I guess you could run it through a plastic tube or something to protect it.....

Pics would be great if possible!! :banana:

P.S. I know about the power and RCA's not being near eachother.... Cheers anyways pipster11!

Very Very interesting!!!! :)

No issues with damage on the wire being outside...??

I guess you could run it through a plastic tube or something to protect it.....

Pics would be great if possible!! :rofl:

P.S. I know about the power and RCA's not being near eachother.... Cheers anyways pipster11!

From front to back. Sorry about the bad pics...

if your going to damage this wire, your going to damage your fuel line 1st. :P

12358421mi2.jpg

25966611ii2.jpg

50569392ax1.jpg

41742478ts0.jpg

47477556zu0.jpg