SAU Community

Which Engine Xmember Has Everyone Used

theminuz

hiya everyone,

have recently changed all running gear in my R32 to that out of an R33 rb25 engine and gbox.

my question being, what engine xmember has everyone used?

at the moment im using; rb20 xmember, rb20 engine brackets and engine mounts...

i've heard that changing to rb25 xmember, rb25 engine brackets and mounts lowers the engine approx. 20mm or so compared to using the above.

i kno that in theory if u make the engine sit 20 mm lower it will affect things like exhaust and fmic piping, but ive look at that and i would have sufficient room to play around with these

what are your thoughts...

ben.

on all 3 conversions i did i used rb20 xmember mounts and brackets onto rb25det in r32 everything exh etc bolted straight up

yer, everything has lined up using the rb20 engine mount setup - my question is "does the rb25 mount setup make the engine sit lower? and if anyone has tried/using it"

:D

Edited by theminuz

Using the 33 crossmember with "custom" engine mounts can sit it a bit lower mate.

Because the 33 crossmember has a flat mounting surface you can go out and buy generic engine mounts like this which are heaps thinner than standard

481-8108_IMG.JPG

From what i can tell all the nissan crossmembers are very much the same when doing these conversions. The only way to get it lower is custom mounting hardware.