SAU Community

Hmm, What To Do?...

shepo

i might need some bigger injectors for my little rb20 soon..

i would be happy to sell you my standard ones. but to be honest and up front with you, they are a bit weapy around the seals...

just so you know. :D

Dood,

I bought the SS's and now I am spewing. I should have gone the 2530's!, the response difference is 3,800 to about 4,200, but the top end is a lot better.

I spent an awful lot of money to end with 380rwhp at 17 odd psi with the GTSS's, poncams, manifolds, dumps, EVC, Djetro etc etc and I am being told the turbos simply cannot hold 17psi through to redline because they are too small, so they hit 17 PSI at about 4,000 rpm and then taper down to about 15psi.....???

I spent an awful lot of money to end with 380rwhp at 17 odd psi with the GTSS's, poncams, manifolds, dumps, EVC, Djetro etc etc and I am being told the turbos simply cannot hold 17psi through to redline because they are too small, so they hit 17 PSI at about 4,000 rpm and then taper down to about 15psi.....???

That sounds a bit strange.

What about these guys?

R33 GTR - RB26

HKS GT-SS Turbos

HKS dual Dump and Exhaust system

HKS air pods

HKS intercooler

Tomei Poncams/Gears

Sard 700cc Injectors, rail, and reg

Nismo Fuel pump, intank

Splitfire coils

Power FC and AVCR

Power output is 340rwkw @ 8,000rpm @ 1.5 bar BP ultimate fuel

:D

Update to Post #13

I've had my GT-SS turbos and JUN cams fitted and fettled. Mid range power improvement is dramatic. This is like a new car, almost no turbo lag whatsoever. The car pulls hard in any gear. I use for daily driver and occasional track day. The dyno run speaks for itself. 500Nm of torque at 3000rpm! The tuning was done on a Dynapack 4WD hub dyno. 488hp @ A4W. Turbos running at 1.5bar.

1997 R33 GTR VSpec

Engine

GT-SS Turbos

JUN 264 Cams

JUN Adjustable cam gears

Mines cam baffles

Tomei sump baffles

Power Enterprise Super Strong Timing belt II

Nismo engine mounts

Tomei metal head gasket

Tomei oil restrictor

Custom oil cooler and filter relocation

Electronics

Power FC

Apexi boost controller

Nismo AFM's

Breathing

K&N Pods

HKS Dump Pipes

Apexi Front Pipes

De-Cat

HKS Hi-Power cat back

Standard intercooler (probably needs upgrading, blew a pipe off recently)

Drivetrain

Exeddy twin plate clutch

Fuel

Trust fuel rail

Nismo fuel pump

Saard 700cc injectors

Nismo fuel regulator

I can recommend this setup for anyone after fast road / track day use.

Dyno_488hp.pdf

Main difference? Lag/power. Try and get a ride in a gtr powered by the -7's and -5's before spending the coin, that way you know for sure which one you prefer. FYI I vote -5, all the -7 powered cars ive been in except one felt too responsive, as in, if they were mine id rather a bit more lag and have the extra power. Im not a tech head when it comes to turbos but i know what acceleration feels good :)

Did you end up finding injectors? You couldnt get 700's? I wouldve thought they're easy to find. Im selling a set, $600 delivered 720cc. The general rule of thumb with injectors is a set of 555cc's will be good for 550hp, a set of 720cc's will be good for 720hp etc