SAU Community

Twin Dbb Gt2510r Rb20?

LedZepLen

I came across a place that sells a ton of high end turboes dual ball bearing and i saw a gt2510 and got thinkin. My plan which i already have a turbo and z32 MAF for will probably spool at 4500rpm (to4e). I recall many bashings over the past year of guys making and or thinking of running twin gtr or rb20 turboes on an rb20 with absolutely no good news other then the novelty of it. Literally double the rpm to make boost was hammered in as fact. But what about turboes small enough and free moving enough to make it finally make sense(or in the ballpark).

I know theirs a gigantic bullsh1t factor in doing an install like that but how bad would it really be considering how sluggish a to4e will be comming onto boost. I enjoy doing things differently and making whatever i do work out better in the end modified. Twin tiny dual ball bearing garretts must at the very least give more torque sooner, thoes twins maxed right out should only push 500bhp max maybe a bit more or less. A gt3076r would be ideal but is their any love out their for a set of scooter worthy twins??????

o yea, i run an 8000rpm redline

Edited by LedZepLen

Twin turbos on a rb20 has been done once here...can't remember who it was though...results weren't the best but then again the setup wasn't right and was far from optimized...i'm a 20 fan too and used to run one...personally...even though it would be a cool project...you're better off slapping on a medium sized single and live with the lack of down low response...even with the smallest of the BB turbos a rb20 will still be lacklustre till about 3000-3500rpm...so if its never gonna be good down low then make sure it sings up high...

Or go 2JZ like i have... :P

Dual BB GT30 on a rb20 sings like a bitch - 235kw at 15psi, just takes 4400rpm to hit it. Pants meter off the charts - hits 180 from 120 in seconds...

Down low, the humble GTS keeps up - on boost its wild

Nothing wrong with lag, worse is blowing your full load of spool too soon