SAU Community

Vg30 Rods In Rb30

jona

hello,

i cant seem to find any infomation on RB30 rods other then they have a length of 152.5mm/6.0039"

Now my question is, has anybody used vg30 rods in an rb30? they have similar length (6.071") which would bump up the rod/stroke ratio from 1.79 to 1.81. Obviously pistons would have to be ordered to suit the longer rod length

The reason for this is the availability, cheapness and obviously the quality from using american rods.

Here is the info for a VG30 rod, im wondering if anyone can help me out with the same specs for an RB30 rod

Length-6.071"

Rod Journal-1.967"

B.E width-.817"

The VG rods are a touch longer, have the same diameter but narrower big end journals and take 22mm piston pins. If you use them you also need to have a piston made which locates the rod in the piston.

If I was you, I'd buy a set of Spool RB30 rods, they drop straight in and are a better rod than any similarly priced rod on the market and even quite a few at up to twice the price. I've used well over 20 sets of the Spool rods and couldn't recommend them enough. They have a little more metal than Eagles in places where it counts and are much better finished than Scat rods. The sizing is spot on which is important if you're assembling it at home and the balance is better than some of the really big names.

As for "American" quality, any rod from America that costs under $200 each most likely comes from China anyway and may have the tunnels given a final rub on a hone in America (probably by an illegal immigrant anyway).

Happy new year.

Greg