SAU Community

Club Psi Cruise - 23rd January

clubpsi

Club PSi Cruise

psititle.gif 

When: 8.30pm Friday, 23rd January (Every 3rd Friday of the month) 9pm Departure

Where: St Agnes Shopping Centre, Rooftop car park, cnr North East and Hancock rd

Everyone's welcome!

stagnes.gif

Club PSi is focused on the improvement and enjoyment of safe driving skills. 

We understand and try to promote the difference between the street and the track.

As far as we are concerned, driving like an idiot on the street doesn't help anybody. 

As a club, we are trying to uphold a standard and in doing so strongly discourage any sort 

of dangerous, irresponsible, or just plain stupid driving. If you want to drift, or speed, 

or do burnouts, then do it on the track, not at one of our cruises. Any persons caught 

doing so will be asked to leave, if they persist number plates will be recorded 

and forwarded onto police. 

Club PSi has changed from its original presence back in 2002, read the full story HERE

taken from website:

SO WHATS THE DEAL WITH CLUB PSI THESE DAYS?

You may have heard of us, seen cars sporting stickers, or maybe you even remember our formation and initial strong street presence from back in 2002. Whatever the case, we have come a long way since then, so allow me to explain a bit of our history, as it is important to what the Club PSi of 2008 has become.

The club essentially began as a branch of NissanSilvia.com. The main motorsport focus of the group back then was drifting, so the club organised many drift practise days in the days when the sport was still largely unknown. The cars were stunning and street presence was strong, so the club started to form a reputation of being focused soley on drifting.

But over the years, members and administration have inevitably changed, and therefore so have the objectives and direction of the club.

The Club PSi of 2008 is focused on the improvement and enjoyment of safe driving skills. The members are all in it for the same thing; to enjoy their cars to the limits, in safe and legal environments. This is why the club these days is so strongly based around various official motorsport events, as opposed to street driving. There is no better place than a track to find out how intune you really are with your car, and no safer way to become a smarter and more controlled driver.

It's not about what car your drive, it's how you drive it that matters. How our members are seen driving has a huge impact on how the club is percieved as a whole, so we strongly discourage any sort of dangerous, irresponsible, or just plain stupid driving. If you want to drift, or speed, or do burnouts, then do it on the track. There's loads of events to choose from. I can tell you from experience that it's just not worth doing it on the street, and the track is just so much more fun!

We are now an officially affiliated club with CAMS (Confederation of Australian Motorsport). This means that we can provide our members with access to racing licenses, such as the CAMS L2S, necessary to compete in pretty much any motorsport event up to a national level. It also grants us the ability to organise and run our own official motorsport events.

And we strongly encourage our members to use their licenses, but thats not hard as there is such a vast range of events out there to try. From technical slow speed motorkhanas and hillclimbs, to high speed circuit or drift events at Mallala, there really is something for every driver.

Off the track, we still have our monthly meeting/dinner where members can catch up and discuss upcoming events and plans. We also hold a monthly hills cruise, along with dyno days, BBQs, road trips, and other social events.

One of the most integral aspects to the Club PSi of 2008 however, is that we understand and try to promote the difference between the street and the track. As far as we are concerned, driving like an idiot on the street doesn't help anybody. As a club, we are trying to uphold a standard.

For more information, be sure to check out the (About Club PSi) and (Frequently Asked Questions) sections of the website. If you have any questions you can (Contact Us), or just come along to a meeting or cruise and meet the gang.

Cheers,

Paul Secker

Club PSi Vice President

Sounds good! Looks like you guys are heading in the right direction

Nothing wrong, just heard not-so fantastic things about the club in general in the past! Eg. More of a RCK-styled club.

not sure where you heard them from, back in the day it was about 'driving' and partying then it went lame and im not going to say anything else :)

Very much in agreeance. It was the in between time that it went down the pooper.

yup yup ah the good old days :D