SAU Community

Bought My First Skyline, R33 S2

hey i bought my first skyline 2 days ago, its pretty much 100% stock, i f*kin loooove it. i actualy never drove a skyline before and didnt even take this one for a test drive ! so when i drove it home from the dealership i was surprised, much faster then i expected. comming from a mazda eunos 30x (1.8ltr v6) the differnence is just unbelieveable. the only mods i plan on doing is just to let the engine breathe, and help the cooling system as its f**kin fast as it is, i got a clean 1996 series 2, gts-t manual with 91,000km's <---numbers are perfectly straight (NOTHING SUS ;) !) im just waiting on mi side skirts to be fitted and the kit to be sikaflexed.

the only down side is the negative attention it attracts, when i gave mi boss's son a quick squirt in it for 2 minutes down the street, we got pulled over, im thinking is it just the car or a combo of a red P plate, and a skyline with a bodykit. this was the first and only cop ive seen in this car, and they pulled us over, they acutaly went out of their way to follow us, and do a 'random check up' they say because the car is still in the workshops name (havnt paid for transfer papers yet) but still wat a surprise to type the skylines rego plate in the computer out of the other 50 motorists on the road at the time, but owell cops were nice and let the boss's son off for driving with P plates.

and another incident which happend today, i went to a mates house to take him and his bro for a drive around the block, not being stupid, we drive up this street, some chick is out the front of a house, and just normally mi mate checks her out, doesnt say nothing, doesnt even stare just a simple look at her, look back to the road (this may have caused the incident i dont know) so we go up the street, and see a dog chucking a shit which was a few houses up (yes we have small attention spans) so i go down the street do a u-turn and go back down the street, on the way down the street, the boyfriend of the chick comes out on the road, driving about 20k's i drive around him casualy as i look at him hes mouthing off at us, i think wtf? just keep driving to my mates house to drop them off, look in mi mirror, this bunky truck is comming close to mi car, pulls up, while hes in his car hes like, WTF IS UR PROBLEM U LITTLE flamin mongrelS, were all like wtf did we do? so he gets out of his car, comes over, i wasnt realy in the mood to catch a fist in mi face so i just drove off, he tried to chase us but a skyline vs a bunky truck, he had no chance. but seriously wtf was his prob? juelous a 17yr old can afford a better car then him? but anyway back to the point

when i have enough money ill do the following

-radar detector (will spend around $500, can any1 recomend any? + its ok they are legal in WA as far as i know)

-tinted windows

-about $3000 worth of rims and tires

-less restrictive exhaust, probably 3 1/2 inch

-fmic

-some sort of cold air intake + pod

-aftermarket ECU (wat do use recomend, im thinking wolf 3d as i saw it looks exacly like factory so will prbly pass pits if i ever need to?)

-and prbly replace oxygen sensors and get a tune for more k's to a tank

EDIT: forgot to metion i gota small problem, when braking to a stop (wether it be from 100k's or 50) when its comming to a stop i get this jutter, the best way to explain it is if uve ever rode a push bike with a slightly bent rim, and the brake pads rub slightly for a split second as the wheel spins around, i dont know much but im thinking mayb mi rotors are warped and need machining?

167nz2p.jpg

1zco1sm.jpg

11sh2lw.jpg

Edited by xdef

aftermarket ecu question:

go a re-map of the standard ecu (some local tuners will do this)

this is the best option if your only doing a small amount of work to the car..ie not very expensive and you keep the advantages of the standard ecu- automatic knock adjustment, cold start etc.

otherwise if u want go full aftermarket computer go autronic, microtech or power fc-(expensive now)

hope thats help

drive safe

EDIT: forgot to metion i gota small problem, when braking to a stop (wether it be from 100k's or 50) when its comming to a stop i get this jutter, the best way to explain it is if uve ever rode a push bike with a slightly bent rim, and the brake pads rub slightly for a split second as the wheel spins around, i dont know much but im thinking mayb mi rotors are warped and need machining?

Think you are right, the front rotors probably are wrapped & needs to be machined, my R33 does that as well & when I send the car for a minor service the mechanic guy mentioned that problem.

EDIT, you from WA right? Think its the only state left where a P plater can drive a turbo car.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

yeh spose i should only go for an ecu or remap if i need to, example if i wna do injectors, afm, oil pump, fuel pump, and all the rest to prepare for 300kw when mi std turbo shits itself. and i better remember a clutch too.

so plans atm is wait till i got some money, go for around 200kw and then do supporting mods to handle around 300kw, when the std turbo shits itself, get a bigger aftermarket one, maybe some cams, wind up the boost, and go for a safe street tune of about 250kw but capable of 300, (if everything goes to plan which it never does)

haha i love this car so much, i was cruising at about 80 on an 80km road, in mi mirror i see this bf xr6 turbo hammering it prbly 120 or more then gets into the left lane to pass me, as he gets closer i just plant my foot in 5th, he prety much stayed a car length behind me up until like 160k's when he turned off.

btw how fast are these 33's stock, any1 know a rough quarter mile time? would it beat an ls1 commy? or a 5litre atleast? stock i mean

Mate... don't do that sort of thing on the road. If you want to race ppl, go to the track. I had an R33 that I sold about 6 months ago. The guy that bought it crashed it within a month. He lacked driving experience, and he was racing on the road. This is what it looks like now.

post-a200144-RIMG0118.jpg

yeh spose i should only go for an ecu or remap if i need to, example if i wna do injectors, afm, oil pump, fuel pump, and all the rest to prepare for 300kw when mi std turbo shits itself. and i better remember a clutch too.

so plans atm is wait till i got some money, go for around 200kw and then do supporting mods to handle around 300kw, when the std turbo shits itself, get a bigger aftermarket one, maybe some cams, wind up the boost, and go for a safe street tune of about 250kw but capable of 300, (if everything goes to plan which it never does)

haha i love this car so much, i was cruising at about 80 on an 80km road, in mi mirror i see this bf xr6 turbo hammering it prbly 120 or more then gets into the left lane to pass me, as he gets closer i just plant my foot in 5th, he prety much stayed a car length behind me up until like 160k's when he turned off.

btw how fast are these 33's stock, any1 know a rough quarter mile time? would it beat an ls1 commy? or a 5litre atleast? stock i mean

As others have said, dont race on public roads.

And yes your skyline will beat 5 litre v8s... not so much an Ls1.

Mate... don't do that sort of thing on the road. If you want to race ppl, go to the track. I had an R33 that I sold about 6 months ago. The guy that bought it crashed it within a month. He lacked driving experience, and he was racing on the road. This is what it looks like now.

:)

On a side note, what are those rims called?

i thought it was a 32 coupe at first glance, 33's would look better if they were 32 size

Very nice R33 Series 2 mate!

I'm buying an R33 series 2 very soon (120,000kms, FMIC, cat-back exh, pod filter, turbo timer).

I would like to ask (if you dont mind), how much did you pay for it?

I'll be paying around the $13,500 mark for mine and it's plum :) , same colour as yours, spec and everything, just has a few minor mods!

Very nice R33 Series 2 mate!

I'm buying an R33 series 2 very soon (120,000kms, FMIC, cat-back exh, pod filter, turbo timer).

I would like to ask (if you dont mind), how much did you pay for it?

I'll be paying around the $13,500 mark for mine and it's plum :laugh: , same colour as yours, spec and everything, just has a few minor mods!

i payed 12,500 from a dealer, im the 1st owner in aus, but for that 500 extra i got a front lip and side skirts (painted and fitted) thrown in

Man I never noticed how much the standard offset failed on the rims :rofl:

Nice SII, keep it clean :D

wat do u mean offset, they dont stick out enough?

but yeh i agree i nice set of big chrome work meisters will look hot, im not gna rice this up, just keep it looking sleek

i payed 12,500 from a dealer, im the 1st owner in aus, but for that 500 extra i got a front lip and side skirts (painted and fitted) thrown in

Yeah i'm going to need to get the front bumper resprayed on mine, has a few scratches and rub marks. Damn, you got it cheap! I wouldnt have expected a dealer to sell a S2 R33 so cheap!

Anywho, congrats on the neat car, enjoy and drive sensibly :)

no offense dude but this thread is a bad example of why skyline drivers are targeted.

speeding on public roads doing 160 in an 80 area? racing cars? flashed at 30k over? you have had the car for how long now, 2 weeks?

now lets think about this, at the rate you're going, you will be lucky if you don't seriously injure yourself or someone else on the road. there is a time and place for these things, please slow down and think about the possible outcomes before they occur.

im not trying to sound like someones mum etc... its because ive been there and seen it happen, its not at all a pretty sight.

on a side note, you scored yourself what appears to be a very nice car. take it easy and learn the car before doing any mods, you will appreciate it a lot more in the end.

no offense dude but this thread is a bad example of why skyline drivers are targeted.

speeding on public roads doing 160 in an 80 area? racing cars? flashed at 30k over? you have had the car for how long now, 2 weeks?

now lets think about this, at the rate you're going, you will be lucky if you don't seriously injure yourself or someone else on the road. there is a time and place for these things, please slow down and think about the possible outcomes before they occur.

im not trying to sound like someones mum etc... its because ive been there and seen it happen, its not at all a pretty sight.

on a side note, you scored yourself what appears to be a very nice car. take it easy and learn the car before doing any mods, you will appreciate it a lot more in the end.

yes....+1, respectfully.

• 5 months later...

A stock XR6T would rape a stock 33 GTS-T from all directions, especially when you were in 5th gear and he was approaching at a higher speed than what you were travelling at.

So either you're talking shit, or he wasn't even trying :happy: