SAU Community

Unwell R34gtt

Lukie la

Recently i have noticed when i put my foot down in first my r34 does not seem to be boosting right!!

The boost gauge on the center console is reading normal but the car does not feel well. This happens every now and again but more than i am happy with.

It feels like there is no turbo lag at all but not in a good way, it just revs all the way up without feeling the turbo kick in!

Can anyone help me or give any advice? the car is regularly serviced every 5k.

cheers Luke

+1 for the clutch. Sounds like everything else is running fine, & the driveline just isnt transferring the power to the ground.

Your tyres werent slipping with lots of white smoke were they?? :D

I would check clutch also, maybe a quick power run on the dyno could shed some light on it for ya.

its not traction controll is it ? my tires make f all noise and even less smoke if i take it for a skid in RWD.

also conisder the weather . my cars "feels" noticably slower on a hot day

clutch is easy to diogniose and so is traction controll

na, no tyre smoke. it doesnt sound like my clutch is slipping hmmm, i might just take it to a guy and well see what he says. this is strange because it is only every now and again surely if it was clutch it would be more like all the time??

any different on a hot day? slightly but nothing much. i could be driving and it will be shit 'ot but ill stop at lights and take off and will just be shit?

heat soak????? not sure if a faulty knock sensor would cause this, but i could be wrong. the car is using more fuel than normal really drinking it, i first thought faulty o2 sensor maybe?? conditions? weather wise cold day hot day doesnt matter engine sounds normal but doesnt seem to be any major pick up like the turbo isnt spooling up at all!!! just doesnt throw you into your seat at all but sometimes it does run fine! i was looking in the engine bay before and the air pod is stuck in the corner of the engine bay thats why i thought maybe shit airflow but i never done this before and the airpod hasnt moved!!!

HELP