SAU Community

Old Airport At Pelican (newcastle)

Bakes

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it won't happen.

government won't help, they'd rather keep fining people and crushing cars rather then have a place for "hoon's" to vent their needs.

i believe the problem here in newcastle is that the only drag strip is in sydney. i think if something like this opened it would bring down deaths, street racing, fines. everything related to speeding.

i'm sure the goverment could make revenue on a place like this?

ppl want to winge n wine if hooning goes on public roads

but we r running out of places to go with oran park closing (for drifters more than any one)

if some one lives close to the air strip ,go knock on the door n ask who owns it

ppl want to winge n wine if hooning goes on public roads

but we r running out of places to go with oran park closing (for drifters more than any one)

if some one lives close to the air strip ,go knock on the door n ask who owns it

We have already established who owns it. Its just a matter of where to go from here and obtaining correct contact details.

Sorry, the event would be too boring, all the courses would be a sprint to the cone then back to the start line.

We have other venues in the pipeline and this would've been a nice addition but just isnt suitable

2 cars at a time, have to accomodate for slaloms and things like that. Basically this runway is too thin, the reason im looking at airports is due to their large amount of tarmac used for the planes to taxi towards the runway, so we have a straight part and an area with corners to setup a "track" course, touching the grass means a penalty the same way hitting a cone does. Fastest of the day wins

Doesnt change the fact that we need a 1/4 mile strip built here in Newcastle somewhere!!

I want to run my car but Im not going to drive to Sydney mid week to do it.

agreed who wants to race after 2 hours of driving.

i think a track might lower hoon levels, but at the same time, sydney has a track and has the most hoons. or lebs.

Edited by burkill