SAU Community

N/a Insurance

Peza

• 3 weeks later...

+ 1 for just cars

i think shannons are assholes i rang them up and apparently they dont insure my type of vechial beacuse its an import. there add is bull sh@t i am a car inthusiast but apparently u have to love falcodores to be an aussie inthusiast.

anyway rating 5 1800

rating

something funny i found was that suncorp would not insure my V35 skyline because I am 24 and not 25. Even though its not a turbo... bunch of tards

I found that Just cars was best for my 180sx but I only did 3rd party cus full comp was stupid, For the V35 I found NRMA to be the best

well i think its cause i had lost my liscense on my l's when i had my motorbike. just cars said it will drop heaps this year when i insure it again with them, i wasn't pissed of with the price i just payed it, the 180 was worked and had top stuff in it. just ring around places mate but i will go with just cars they are honest and will look after you...

Did you max the excess out?

I was quoted something like $2250 with an excess of $500. I upped the excess to $3000 and my premium dropped to like $1000.

yeah im getting my R34 4 door N/A skyline in april this year im 25 [ 26 in july ] there are no mods to it, im still on red P's though but going for greens very shortly [ ive been super lazy, and having kids just taking up money/ time ] ive had my reds for a few years, long enough to have had my greens and be off them, but i dont know who to insure with, i have a clean driving record and the insurance thread i read before pretty much told me each person/car is different so insurance will be different for each person,

Would my P plates matter too much if it goes by years driving? And is anyone here from NSW with a 4 door R34, that had it fully insured, how much were u roughly looking at?

thanks for any help.

Edited by OMG 101

Your best bet is to call around then compare the prices and excesses as I did.

Having your p's counts as holding a licence so its included as years driving. L's doesnt as its a permit.

No harm in getting a few quotes!

Your best bet is to call around then compare the prices and excesses as I did.

Having your p's counts as holding a licence so its included as years driving. L's doesnt as its a permit.

No harm in getting a few quotes!

Too true, out of curiosity what did u end up paying?

Im paying $1,100 at H2P. I am now covered for $23,000

Prior to that I was with Just Car paying the around $1,200 and only being covered for $14,000. When I got my renewal form they dropped the price by $100 but I have noticed they also had lessend the value to $13,000 without consulting me.

I have fully looked at both and in my situation I am waaaay better off with H2P. Excesses are about the same, H2P a little less and I can pay by the month without any extra charge which is very useful.

I guess everyones situation is different but for me, H2P was a clear winner.

(I just turned 22 and have had 2 speeding fines but no pervious claims)

I'm with Famous insurance for my R34 GTT. Got a quote from Just Car of $3500! Get ****ed! That was with their bs excesses too. Anyways I only pay $2500 with famous and with a lot more reasonable excesses. Works out to be around only $1000 for the excesses with them whereas Just Car was $2500+.

That's also with my record which isn't the cleanest. I'm also 22. Helps if you have in insurance broker too.

• 1 month later...

I went JUSTCAR found them to be the cheapest and most competative.

i 19 clean driving record non turbo R33 S2 and for full comp car valued at 13350 with rims system body kit and all basic extra's i payed $2300 on a RATEING 5 which saved me about $600 and i also choosed they pay more to get less premium which saves me 500 on my premium for only $200 or sumthing like that. but i called shannons and they said that they wouldnt insure me and that if they did my excess would be like $5000 and thats the same with RACV which was $5000 excess and valued at $4500 for the car which is way less then what its worth. so yeh my 2 cents is JUSTCAR all the way