SAU Community

Buying Car...over East To Perth Process. Help.

lach 32

hi guys,

first thing, i have serched and have not found the answeres to my questions.

Basically i'am very interested in buying a car from over east. I have worked out transport for the car and also a price with the seller. I was wondering how people have gone about paying for the car in the past. I was worried about how the money can be transfered via a safe way. A bank transfer of such a large amount may not be to safe.

Also, the car will be unregistered there just before it comes over and i will be registering it for WA as soon as it arrives, just wondering how people have gone getting cars (s13) over the pits with a high mount setup on it? The job is very neat and the rest of the engine bay is very stock looking along with the exterior of the car. It has a screamer on it but i'm aware that i will need to have that plumber back in to make the pits happy.

any help of advice would be much apprciated.

cheers. :P

rock up and get it inspected

everything legal as usual, plumb back, self arming immobiliser etc

inspector will tell you if you need to get it tested for or apply for mod application

fill in a huge stack of papers from the tech department (welshpool)

wait a few weeks for a reply etc

fill in the WA rego papers for ownership transfer

ps this topic has definately been covered several times

Edited by R32 Driver

you cant fill out any transfer papers, they are vehicle registration transfer papers..

firstly, you cant transfer rego to someone who doesn't have a license in the given that state (ie, you dont have a victorian license, so you cant transfer vic rego into your name)

secondly, the car isnt registered anyway.

just get them to write a receipt stating they sold you the car for $xxx, and all you need to do is take that to the pits when you register it as proof of ownership.

I got my 34 over from Vic make sure you right a contract send it over get it signed!! then u sign it for prof just cover ur ass on ecverything!!!

- Transway did my transport pm me if u need help!

as some of you have stated, the whole importing a car thing from the east has been covered....and i know that. What my major question was, how you guys have transfered the money/paid for the car in a safe way without actually going over there....for example would cod be an option? I put the other questions up so i could get a clear and direct answer without having to piece together heaps of different stuff.

as some of you have stated, the whole importing a car thing from the east has been covered....and i know that. What my major question was, how you guys have transfered the money/paid for the car in a safe way without actually going over there....for example would cod be an option? I put the other questions up so i could get a clear and direct answer without having to piece together heaps of different stuff.

u obviously needto be sure tht ur not gonna get scammedor anything.. even though i knew the guy tht i bought my car from was not goin 2 rob me... typed out an agreement saying i agree to pay full amount and would let the dude keep the deposit if i decide not to buy the car off him. i also said in the agreement tht the seller promises 2 relesase the car to the transport company otherwise willface legal proceedings.. put my drivers license and address... put his details.. got wittness from myside.. faxd it got it signed...transferred cash into his bank account...(deposit directly)kept receipts..made sure i had everything documented just incase i get stuffed...

thanks 'zerotohundred' exactly the info that i needed, cheers.

hehe just telling u wat i did... get one of ur mates over east to check the car out as well... r better yet get it inspected..mite cost 300 bucks r so...but atleast ud be safe...gud luck bro

Edited by zerotohundred

hi guys,

first thing, i have serched and have not found the answeres to my questions.

Basically i'am very interested in buying a car from over east. I have worked out transport for the car and also a price with the seller. I was wondering how people have gone about paying for the car in the past. I was worried about how the money can be transfered via a safe way. A bank transfer of such a large amount may not be to safe.

Also, the car will be unregistered there just before it comes over and i will be registering it for WA as soon as it arrives, just wondering how people have gone getting cars (s13) over the pits with a high mount setup on it? The job is very neat and the rest of the engine bay is very stock looking along with the exterior of the car. It has a screamer on it but i'm aware that i will need to have that plumber back in to make the pits happy.

any help of advice would be much apprciated.

cheers. :)

Hey mate, with regards to registering the vehicle in WA (pits bookings, temp permits, all that sorta thing), i work with Licensing Services for DPI so i deal with this thing every day.

So if you need any help just PM me :)

lach,

Depending on the buyer and the cost of the car, usually genuine sellers are happy to pay for return airfare.

I have seen this on offer on MANY interstate cars for sale.

See if the seller understands your caution. I am sure he might come to the party.

I've bought a couple cars from east, one i was lucky i knew someone in the area and sent them to do the handover, then transport picked the car from my friends house and sent here. Next car I bought I sent via direct bank deposit, talk to your bank about the other person doing the dodgey, my bank assured me i wouldnt lose my money. If your really concerned there are companys that can handle car inspections/money handovers and transport eg: V.I.P Automotive Solutions.

Get seller to write a little contract signed via email also with them stating they recieved your cash (correct amount) etc etc. seller will need your details to transfer ownership in ur name and send u a "interstate registration form"- i think, now in your name, Means nothing here in wa but u need it to present that form as "proof of ownership" when you take it to the pits and hopefully pass;)

Best thing is just take it to the pits bro when u get it, Save you wondering and asking 200 questions on what will pass, obviously check the basics, seatbelt function, all lights wipers etc. Just get a "moving permit" when u drive it to pits. Saves u any hassle if u get pulled over (also for ur insurance purposes). Sort that out when your car gets here, i sorted mine while it was over east. and make sure your transport company fully insures your car of any damage etc on the way here also.

thats all i can think of at the moment if u have any questions let me kno mate. Goodluck and show us when u get it!

Edited by 1R34SON