SAU Community

Crankshaft Reusable.

raps86

Hi as the topic states i have an rb30 block and crank sitting at my work and when i was pulling the block apart a found that the first counterweight has a hole in it where the balancing holes are. I was wondering if this would be repairable of look for another crank as a hole motor out here is over $300. Mr dirt? Any help or susgestions would be great and appreciated.

post-41301-1233659864_thumb.jpg

Hi as the topic states i have an rb30 block and crank sitting at my work and when i was pulling the block apart a found that the first counterweight has a hole in it where the balancing holes are. I was wondering if this would be repairable of look for another crank as a hole motor out here is over $300. Mr dirt? Any help or susgestions would be great and appreciated.

looks like a casting flaw...get it crack tested and balanced and if its ok re-use it...its only going into a forklift isn't it?

if its a street engine it will be ok if the testing says its fine.

Edited by DiRTgarage

thats fine.. it would be balanced from factory. well to factory specs anyway..

but i would be getiing that grub screwed to get all the shit out of the galleries. scrape all the gunk out of the hole and have a closer look.

what about all those marks on the end is that a bearing surface

it is not unusual to see this on 30 cranks . the factory balance hole has gone through the casting. be nice to use another crank just in case the metal comes off in the engine...we have them ready to go collar fitted, micropolished ,cracktested, oil holes tapped and plugged, cleaned to go $699. www.lewisengines.com.au

it is not unusual to see this on 30 cranks . the factory balance hole has gone through the casting. be nice to use another crank just in case the metal comes off in the engine...we have them ready to go collar fitted, micropolished ,cracktested, oil holes tapped and plugged, cleaned to go $699. www.lewisengines.com.au

quite funny that... you must really hate sau if your goin to charge the guy $100 more than advertised price on your website.

oh. and the "specials" rolling up with the crank collar $125 and the part listed for $100... anyway...

haha you have more energy than me tonight.. i read one part section and couldnt be bothered goin any further.

Edited by Cartman

haha you have more energy than me tonight.. i read one part section and couldnt be bothered goin any further.

thanks for pulling me up on that guys. its taken me 2 years to do that site all myself, at the beginning had no computer skills. tryin to run the site, ebay store and workshop by myself is my excuse for a few mis haps. cheers...........

Do any of you know how hard it is to proof read your own work? You can put so much time and effort into putting together a website and overlook silly little mistakes that anyone else is going to pick up first time they read it!

Give the guy a break and Darren get someone else to proof read your site and go over you current prices :)

Hey thanks for the replys guys. Yeah i was gona get it all grubed screwed and tested and have a new collar sitting in my room for it but if its to bad ill have to find another crank for the motor.

I'd be more concerned about the fairly hefty oil pump seal (front seal) wear groove and the chunks out of the seal journal. is that damage local to that one area? it looks like the crank's been badly stored or handled and has gotten chipped by bashing into other solid objects. If you run it I'd be sure the marks on the front edge of the oil seal journal are polished out on a lathe or crank grinder to stop them tearing the seal lips, plus I'd add a bit of spring tension on the pump seal to accommodate the wear groove.