SAU Community

HPI R34 is for sale

Originally posted by INASNT

Ben

so you guys only got to 297rwkw!!

y not do a full engine rebuild and go for over 400rwkw???

What for? The point was to show what you can achieve without a full engine rebuild. In any case, with 297 at the wheels it was already becoming fairly compromised as a road car. Personally I think about the 250-260 mark is ideal for a RWD car this weight, unless you are building a car for drag racing only (which wasn't my intention). We may build a car specifically for drag in future, but if we do we won't start with something as heavy as an R34. More likely an R32.

Originally posted by ido09s

so all the engine mods are gone now....... still not a bad price though for an R34

Actually it still has the Tomei cams and HKS metal head gasket, which lets it run 0.8bar on the standard computer. Combined with the exhaust it goes surprisingly well. The handling is pretty special too.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ido09s

so all the engine mods are gone now....... still not a bad price though for an R34

i wouldnt pay that for a car i know has been flogged half its life. Im sure the engine after running close on 300kw wont be as clean as lots out there.. but thats my opinion.