SAU Community

Folding@home

R31Nismoid

Yes it's called the QRB (Quick Return Bonus).

The faster your return the WU the bigger is the multiplier applied to the credit of the WU.

I don't know the formula used and if there is an other formula used for the CPU client but the QRB really inflate the PPD.

Any tiny bit more gpu speed yields great ppd gain.
I fold with an old GTX470, and getting it from 810 Mhz to 830 Mhz increase the PPD from 33k to 40k.

To get the QRB you need a passkey and complete at least 10 WU without crash and before it's preferred deadline.

If you go mental and your gpu/cpu is not stable enough/return bad WU the bonus will be deactivated though.

Getting over 300k with one gpu mean you're folding with a GTX780ti or better/newer. :)

Folding with the CPU is good, even if it's not as rewarded as the gpu, it's still important to make it fold.

The last gpu client need a full core to feed the gpu so if you run a cpu client don't be surprised to see that the client is using on less core than your CPU has.

On a Q6600 the smp client only use three core, and on my 2600k it use 7 cores.

You still can force the client to run on all the core, but you just slow down the GPU, and the CPU client do not gain much point, so let the V7 client decide by itself how to attribute the number of threads.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic