SAU Community

Wheel Size And Rego Question

hey all.

i'm new to owning a car with a mod or two

quick question about wheel size and passing rego

the V35 has stock 17's. i have 19's at the moment (bought that way)

in regards to rego, do i have to do anything??? its not for a while, but ive seen a few people say "i use the stocks for rego etc"

Thanks for any help.

matt

yup that sounds about right. =) im only using my standard 7 spokes black coated OEM rims.. im pretty happy with them on. the car is lowered 1.7 inches.. so kinda makes the wheels looks a little bigger. yeh tyres will always be bigger at rear since its rear wheel drive. specially we can choose and control our traction on the road. if youre really paranoid.. just out the OEM ones so 100% safe..

im from Sydney also, correct me if im wrong with what i said. i was not 100% sure..maybe what i shared was on the police's point of view when they pull you over and try to defect you, but 1 thing i definately know for sure is that in NSW the lowest or the safest you can drop your ride is 1.5 - 1.7 inches from original height. cheers.

im from Sydney also, correct me if im wrong with what i said. i was not 100% sure..maybe what i shared was on the police's point of view when they pull you over and try to defect you, but 1 thing i definately know for sure is that in NSW the lowest or the safest you can drop your ride is 1.5 - 1.7 inches from original height. cheers.

The law states that the wheels cannot be more than 26mm (1") wider, and the track can only be 25mm wider as well. Any more requires an engineering cert.

No regulation on the diameter of the wheel, but the tyre wrapped around it cannot be more than 25mm wider than stock and within 15mm on either side of the stock diameter.

True the cops don't always know the rules, so feel free to print out and carry the RTA's Vehicle Standards Index 09: Guidelines for alternative wheels and tyres

Thanks all, i'm in sydney

and the car didnt come with the OEM wheels.

Should be safe for now :(

what wheels did it came with? hope not chromies lol!..

and cool which part of sydney are you from? did you buy your V35 from an importer?