SAU Community

R34 Rb25de Neo Turbo Oil Return

clip14

care to elaborate on wtf you are talking about ? so youd just dump it on the ground?? or are you gonna put a pump between the oil outlet on the turb and the sump ? like some cars with drainage issues have

oil pumps for the turbo oil return is only used when the turbo is mounted lower than the place the oil is being returned to (i.e. the sump).

the turbo will be mounted in factory position meaning that gravity will return the oil to the block/sump.

i was asking about whether the block was drilled and tapped for the turbo oil return line (factory return goes back into the block above the sump).

apparently no,

so i was asking about the downsides of returning the turbo oil drain to the lower sump as this is a part that can be removed and drilled and tapped a lot more easily than the block itself.

hope this clears up any misunderstanding

r34gtfour - thanks for your reply :)

if its easier for you to put a nossle or attachment on the sump for the oil drain that should be fine (you'll most likely need to weld the hose nossle on since the sump wont be thick enough to start a thread).

The 3SGTE from the celicas and mr2's run the same setup from factory, ie the turbo oil drain is near the very bottom of the sump, not on the bottom of the acutal block like the rb25's, and they dont have a problem with drainage.

But in saying that, it would be very wise to take the sump off regardless which path you take obviously because of the metal filings. So once the sump is off it would be just as easy to dril and tap the block in the same stock location as long as the exhaust manifold/junk has been removed. Personally i would do that, just to make it look neater, but thats me

how much clearance is there with the engine in the car to reach the factory boss?

with sr20's the engine has to be removed to get the access required to drill and tap the lower block.

yeah i meant welding a an attachment to the sump sorry.

i know yours is an r34,but my r33 rb25de has a bung for the turbo return,i take it you have fitted a turbo to an na,but some r33 rb25de's have not got the bung,some people tee into the oil return from the head.i just thought of something you could run the return to the drain plug on the sump but never known anybody to do it,although the return would be better over the oil level

how much clearance is there with the engine in the car to reach the factory boss?

with sr20's the engine has to be removed to get the access required to drill and tap the lower block.

yeah i meant welding a an attachment to the sump sorry.

to be honest i wouldnt have a clue, never drilled a return with the engine still in the car, i would imagine it to be a tight fit