SAU Community

Hey Guys

before i make my V35 investment, the BOSE headunits... chris maybe you could answer, do these have a line-in / auxilary in??

or do the non-bose ones have line / aux in?

also

is the sound OK in either system?

why do so many people seem hell bent on changing the audio setup? seems so risky

=?

I believe if you get one with the factory screen but not reversing camera you can buy an adapter that feeds into that input and will net you the normal red/white/yellow input plugs. I dont have a screen so never bothered investigating.

There is also the ipod adapter that plugs into the stereo (not screen) so maybe just plain aux is an option on the same input. Obviously Chris is the man to speak to on the details of this.

Personally, I really like the factory bose stereo from a sound quality perspective, but i'm not into windows down, stereo up cruising trying to get some attention, so horses for courses. Only wish it was MP3 and bluetooth enabled but ah well.

Also I understand when the CD player goes on them many people have had to change to aftermarket just because its not economical to fix. I also hear rumour this issue with the stereo is fixed with the series 2's so maybe I will never have my hand forced in this regard.

I believe if you get one with the factory screen but not reversing camera you can buy an adapter that feeds into that input and will net you the normal red/white/yellow input plugs. I dont have a screen so never bothered investigating.

for the NAVI version - yes there is a AUX in and I usually have the leads on hand for it.

There is also the ipod adapter that plugs into the stereo (not screen) so maybe just plain aux is an option on the same input. Obviously Chris is the man to speak to on the details of this.

Ipod lead that I use does have AUX in on it. there is also a 8pin AUX in on there as well (both bose and plain units have this) that I'll get around to making a DIY lead for. that will allow direct line into the unit regardless of navi or not. non navi is easier for me to do.

Personally, I really like the factory bose stereo from a sound quality perspective, but i'm not into windows down, stereo up cruising trying to get some attention, so horses for courses. Only wish it was MP3 and bluetooth enabled but ah well.

the later 06 had BT and the USDM ones had MP3.

as for a retrofit. not me..

Also I understand when the CD player goes on them many people have had to change to aftermarket just because its not economical to fix. I also hear rumour this issue with the stereo is fixed with the series 2's so maybe I will never have my hand forced in this regard.

depends - the radio is cheaper to fix than to replace the lot. think panels , leads,controls - then a new radio on top. last few I have done were in the 900-975 area.

S2 radio they changed the CD mech. haven't had to do one of these yet but I do PLENTY of the earlier PN2414/13 versions.

well... ok guys..

i'll tell you why i ask

it's NOT for the ipod

this is for PSP

here's why

ipod

plays mp3s, tiny little thing with a tiny little screen, has to use itunes which stuffs up your PC - im not the biggest fan of ipod

PSP

MASSIVE screen, hi def screen, light sensitive screen, plays mp3's, plays music videos, plays movies, plays pictures, plays pretty much all forms of media, can access the internet, GPS capabilites, can sync with sony phones and would have a possibility of being used as a blueant device in your car

so

for $20 more than an ipod

you get a movie player, music player WITH animated graphic equaliser (which looks pretty) GPS, interchangeable memory, the ability to syncro with ps3 / SE branded phones... the list goes on

plus it can use the net...

all you gotta do is fabricate some custom brackets to mount it on and voila! perfect media centre for your V35

i thoguht of this by myself by the way, i dunno if anyone else is already doing it but this is my way of saying "TAKE THAT IPOD JERKS"

so yeah...

the best part is

when you reach your destination

simply unplug it

and go play games - GOOD games.. not "snake" or "pacman"

=)

What's the biggest memory card the PSP can read now... Last I remember the biggest sony memory card was 16gb? probably 32+ now.. but you gotta add the cost of that into it as well, and they arent cheap...

But still not a bad idea..

128gig can be read by the new 3000 model n they're about 100 bucks

that cost is neglegable cos 128 would be impossible to fill hahaha

i'd struggle with 16 myself haha

chris

if by saying "spits out" you mean "plays" then it can do movies pictures music pretty much ANY form of multimedia

on a large size screen

=)

if by saying "spits out" you mean "plays" then it can do movies pictures music pretty much ANY form of multimedia

on a large size screen

=)

great idea mate, would be keen to see some testing done, if i had an aux in adapter already i'd get you to test it on mine.

i think what chris means by 'spits out' is what will come out of the aux plug on the psp, so will it send audio only via aux or video too, as this would mean it could plug into the stock screen as a bit of a mobile-media centre.

ohhhhhhhh

i like the way you lads think

well if that's the case then yeah it would "spit out" for sure

that makes it a bit easier to "convert" the TV!!!

EDIT, says it has extension port, dunno what that means exactly

here

PSP Specs for I/O:

- USB 2.0

- Memory Stick

- Extension Port

- Stereo Head Phone Out

Communications:

- Wireless LAN(802.11)

- USB 2.0

- IrDA

so i think it can work headphonejack to RCA but i am not sure it works visual also

unsure at the moment cos this refers to the 2000 version, not the 3000

Edited by Mr Eps

ok I see audio only. that would make sense from a portable standpoint. I do not see video out being an option on it. prove me wrong though.

I know that a Zen will spitout whatever is on the screen.

actually, looks like it might be half a chance...

http://au.playstation.com/support/psp/faqs..._videoout.jhtml

and for those without a screen...

psp dimensions from the website (latest one, apparently called 'PSP Slim') are 169.4 x 18.6 x 71.4 mm

dimensions for the empty box in my series 2 are roughly 175mm wide and up to about 85mm tall. pic attached.

so it seems that it could well be possible to do something as simple as having a strip of velcro along the inside of the box and on the back of the psp and it will sit fine with the box open whenever you want to use it. It will even utilise the 'hood' of the open box as a bit of glare protection.

post-8519-1236480610_thumb.jpg

oh my god. thank you guys so much

this is all coming to plan now

...all i need

is a loan for the V35

sell my cefiro

wait for my license to come off suspension

find a v35 i like

negotiate for a price i'm happy with

buy the V35

get the vehicle transferred into my name

buy a psp