SAU Community

RB26 inlet onto RB20

R324D

Hi All

This is my first post here :P But I plan on hanging around as I just bought a skyline.

I have a question for all you guys....

Has anyone here know of or done themselves...

Put a GTR plennum (sorry if that is spelt incorrect) and inlet manifold onto a an RB20???

Thanks

yeah Zoom done it and found it was not that good for a RB 20 due to the short inlet runners. They put the STD one back on and got more power.

The RB26 manifold doesnt bolt straight up either, there is a fair bit of cutting and welding involved

The skyline that I bought has it done thats all.....

Apparently after doing it, it jumped from 160rwkw to 185rwkw, and seemed to go alot better....

It took him 2 months to do, but he changed the whole rocker cover design as well, maybe I am being a little vague with what he did, I will find out more info....

He researched high and low and found that what he has done hasn't been done in Aus before so i will get more details...

Just wanted some other opinions

I notice your in Sydney, who did you buy the car off. Being a 4 door i think i may know the car... if its the car im thinking off it was done well before the Zoom car/article, who knows if the results are the same or different?

Guys if you read the article carefully, the RB26 plenum and its 6 individual throttles, didnt actually impede power. The engine produced the same power, just higher in the rev band. This makes a lot of sence due to its short inlet runner design, where as the RB20 plenum has a very long runner design.

Thus if you are running the engine constantly at high RPM (which is what the RB26 and its under square engine was designed to do) the RB 26 plenum and ease of piping is a great idea on an RB20.

However this type of mod is not recommended for a nearly stock/low mods type of application, more of a big turbo, high revs type.