SAU Community

Turbo Whine

SCR34M

hey guys, was at a mates house today and decided to put in a manual boost controller, went for a drive, put my foot into it just a little, it spiked... so i pulled over, wound it down... got back in the car, cruised for about 2 minutes then got onto a straight bit of road and gave it another squirt... it almost choked up, coughing and spluttering and so on, took my foot off... when i went to put my foot down again, i hear a noise like a siren, i look around only to find the sound is coming from my car... so now i cant make boost, no matter how hard my foot is on the accelerator, it sounds like its coming from the inside the pod filter... so i go back to my mates house and pull it apart, all the way down to the turbo blades, checked it and nothing caught in there or any of the piping, put it all together again but still making the noise... i took the boost controller off but still it makes the same noise...

SO... was just wondering if any of you guys have ever had this issue or know what it is at all... just lost my job two days ago so cant really afford to go and get another one... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers

Guy

Edited by SCR34M

maybe, was a bit dark to finish the elimination process... so tomorrow morning ill check piping and all... spoke to hyperdrive and they reckon might be a leak on the manifold or exhaust somewhere... not sure, but the noise is really loud, like almost copper siren loud... just odd!

Be careful. If its the bearing then the turbo will be spinning out of alignment. Hence the fins are spinning into the housing. Slowly feeding ur engine small metal filings. Did the boost gauge move to like 10psi? or nothing? Blow IC piping = no + boost

Be careful. If its the bearing then the turbo will be spinning out of alignment. Hence the fins are spinning into the housing. Slowly feeding ur engine small metal filings. Did the boost gauge move to like 10psi? or nothing? Blow IC piping = no + boost

yeah it did before it stopped... now it just sits on 0... wont go past it

If it was blown turbo, wouldnt there be smoke?

Edited by SCR34M

blown turbo.

same thing happend to mine, really loud whistle and car wouldn't go anywhere

took it off to find a lot of the intake side wheel not there and the shaft was making a lovely clunking sound when i tried to spin it with my fingers

Edited by inthisglass

blown turbo.

same thing happend to mine, really loud whistle and car wouldn't go anywhere

took it off to find a lot of the intake side wheel not there and the shaft was making a lovely clunking sound when i tried to spin it with my fingers

shit, in that case, anyone got a turbo they wanna sell?...

i dont think you would blow the turbo off that small amount of spiking unless it was already on the way out....

i put my $$ on IC hose or even a problem i had, with a intake gasket getting a pin hole in it...

^^^yeah i dont think ur exhaust wheel blown off will make that noise

check all ur piping for ur intercooler but even then, i dont think a leaking intercooler piping would make a loud whistling noise

ohh yeahh man thats wats goin on with my r33 atm .. no boost at all .. chekd my cooler and nothing there ,...i took it to a guy i know and the told me its the turbo .. there is no smoke out the zorst but they still think its the turbo ... i hav no boost at all and it sounds like in getting a shitty air sound....

i have to take it it 1 morre tym for them to pull the turbo out and make sure that it is the turbo...

good luck with urs man ... fkn suks to hav no boost ayy :)

Guy... Wanna race?? :)

thats it just put on the big size 14 boot and kick him square in the nuts lol

will make him forget about the problem for a while :-)