SAU Community

No Spark In 6th Cylinder

just tried to get my 32GTST tuned and couldnt because we found out im missing spark in the 6th cylinder.

Obviously it must be an electrical problem.

have tried changing the coil packs, & leads but with no results.

Anyone else had a mistery loss of spark. plugs were changed 20,000kms ago but they are good for another 70k

Also when ive been driving the car you couldnt tell that there was a cylinder missing. idle seemed fine and when i gave it a ltitle i couldnt tell that there was a problem... ive been told that sometimes on low copression motors it may be harder to tell if youve droppped a cylinder

i have the same issue but i can hear the miss at idle. there are heaps of threads about this issue and i think ive read them all but cant fix it. compression shouldnt really be the issue from what i know but a compression test will rule it out

let me know how it goes?

good luck

ash

just tried to get my 32GTST tuned and couldnt because we found out im missing spark in the 6th cylinder.

Obviously it must be an electrical problem.

have tried changing the coil packs, & leads but with no results.

Anyone else had a mistery loss of spark. plugs were changed 20,000kms ago but they are good for another 70k

Also when ive been driving the car you couldnt tell that there was a cylinder missing. idle seemed fine and when i gave it a ltitle i couldnt tell that there was a problem... ive been told that sometimes on low copression motors it may be harder to tell if youve droppped a cylinder

How do you know your missing spark?

Changed the leads? What leads? Coilpack loom?

Did you put iridiums or some overpriced long-life plug in? They wont last any longer or perform any better in an other-than-stock engine.

Have you taken the coilpacks and plugs out one by one, put the plug back into the coilpack and rested the housing of the plug on the rocker cover to see if theres spark? (weak or strong)

If you find one with no spark, swap the plug, still no spark swap the coilpack, still no spark swap the coilpack loom, still no spark sway the ignitor, still no spark youve got problems.