SAU Community

Car Engine Goes Off While Driving- Helppppp

deva

Hey all, my R33 GTST switches off while driving- say when i am approaching a red light- when i go from 5th gear to neutral- the car just switches off. the rev meter quickly goes down under 1000 and engine stops, this doesn't happen when i don't go neutral- but still this should not happen, right?

also when changing gears upshift- if i am show in changing gears the engine will stop, say changing from 3rd to 4th- the moment i am on neutral, the rev meter quickly goes down, and if i don't change the gear before it goes under 1000rpm, the engine will go off...

it's scary when it happens in corners, coz the brakes harden and steering locks..

Any HELP will be appreciated.

air leak on intake/intercoolers.

i had that on mine. if i changed gears slow or rev'd up high then let my clutch in it would ust go down past 1000 then turn off.

actually did it to me on the highway last night changing 4th to 5th... bit scary ay

'!!!

can also be dirty aac valve.. check DIY section on how to clean.. This is a VERY common problem is skyline. but Very easily fixed... my car actually does it occasionally...

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second the aac valve.

Mine's been doing exactly what you've described.. my mechanic said mine's stuck and I need a new one so I'm trying to find a second hand one at the moment without any luck. Might call nissan in the morning and see...

Its also a very common issue when having installed an atmospheric blow off valve when using a standard computer. :banana:

Actually this makes sense as since igot the Vi-pec installed mne hasnt gone it... actually i tihkn i might have dont it once... but thats it in over 2 months

yeah, but i have no BOV and i have Apexi Power FC- so why is my car stalling?

i asked my mechanic, but he said i have no AAC valve.. so what else could it be?

• 2 weeks later...

well ur mech doesnt know what hes talking bout.. its behind the plenum on an rb25.... its got 2 electrical plugs and a screw on the back that controls the idle. turn the screw clockwise to get more rpm on idle and anit clock wise to get less. try taking it apart and checking the spring inside as they break very easily. also try cleaning ur throtal body.. ps this will be ur roblem if the car will idle when its cold..... the aac valve works only when its warm.. when its cold the auto enrichment kicks in... good luck... u got email.. ill email.. u some pics