SAU Community

Rips 240z Into The 7s!

Lithium

Congrats Rob and Co! You must be rapt :blink:

He ran 4 7s at a meet today at Meremere NZ, all at around 176mph and the fastest of which a 7.89 @ 176mph (basically in limiter in top gear) after tuning the car for a bit more boost this week. Still running the Nissan crankshaft!

What is the fastest RB30 powered drag car anyone knows of?

And what is the minimum for the next class you're looking at?

Is there any point selling the zed? Since you've come so far wth it, if all it needs is new ratios and a trip to weight watchers - wouldnt you want to see just how far the little datto can be pushed? :P

And what is the minimum for the next class you're looking at?

600kg minimum for the next class we'll have the motor in (but it'll probably be around 750kg all up) and then 765kg minimum for the class we intend to run after that or if we go back to Pro Import 1060kg.

Is there any point selling the zed? Since you've come so far wth it, if all it needs is new ratios and a trip to weight watchers - wouldnt you want to see just how far the little datto can be pushed? :thumbsup:

The 240z is a street car (missing headlights, wipers and a muffler, it has a 6 point street cage, glass, full dash etc, its short, it has a high COG and it has done more than I ever thought it could do, its time to get the motor into something purpose built.

Rob

What the hell is in the r32 at the 4min 18sec mark?

Another RIPS RB30'd car?

Nah, it belongs to Joe Kyle (aka Yoda) - a lad who runs his own shop in West Auckland and been around with that car for ages. If I remember rightly it runs a fully built stock displacement RB26DET with a T51R SPL on pump gas and full normal street tyres, he's not a forum goer to my knowledge or anything but its a very very tough streeter.

Edited by Lithium